Question for you guys on Black Friday post

Rather than lock and have mods manage could you set it up so only sponsors can post to the thread.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than lock and have mods manage could you set it up so only sponsors can post to the thread.

I don’t have a way to put a password on the thread we’re only a certain group of people can post on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
Like the idea Robby.
Also: Thanks for all you guys do. What an awesome site. So many sites nowadays have bickering, name calling, etc.
This site always seems to remain a "safe haven" to share and learn.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Like the idea Robby.
Also: Thanks for all you guys do. What an awesome site. So many sites nowadays have bickering, name calling, etc.
This site always seems to remain a "safe haven" to share and learn.

You’re welcome brother, and there’s a lot of members on here, probably 95%, that contribute to the calm demeanor. Like most things, it only takes a few bad apples to make it seem like we’re going to hell in a handbasket.

As long as Ryan, the mods, and me are here, we’re committed to keeping the place enjoyable for all. (unless you’re a Butthead, then it’s not gonna be very enjoyable)

I think the sponsors pay enough to keep this thing going, they get something at the top of the general forum.

We have a deals forum, it doesn't seem to get much traffic at the bottom of the page. Since this is free, I don't mind seeing some stuff at the top from those that pay to support it.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I don’t have a way to put a password on the thread we’re only a certain group of people can post on it.

Personally I think thats a great idea. A members only forum that you cant access unless your registered and meet the lockout critera like the classifieds. Personally I would make it a month and 40 posts but thats another conversation.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I love that the sponsors are here. But the sponsors do not always have the best deals. If the thread is limited to only sponsors, I’m (personally) less inclined to follow it. There is a pretty good “ammo available online” that manages to not have too many random comments that could be a model.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I love that the sponsors are here. But the sponsors do not always have the best deals. If the thread is limited to only sponsors, I’m (personally) less inclined to follow it. There is a pretty good “ammo available online” that manages to not have too many random comments that could be a model.

The way it works is we don’t let non-sponsors post on the forum. Now we can’t stop members from doing it, but I’m certainly not gonna go To all the work to go out and hunt down a bunch of non-sponsors to post on the thread if you know what I mean. It’ll be a lot of work just getting the sponsors notified this thread exists and then I have to hire someone to do all the posting. Make sense?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I think the sponsors pay enough to keep this thing going, they get something at the top of the general forum.

We have a deals forum, it doesn't seem to get much traffic at the bottom of the page. Since this is free, I don't mind seeing some stuff at the top from those that pay to support it.

The only reason we’d put it in the gear deals forum is because we can put a sticky and have it at the top. We can do the same thing in the general discussion but we have so many stickies going over there right now, it’s a little distracting

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys, thanks for all the feedback.

The thread is live at link below.

My son @Cashman will be updating it as he receives the info from sponsors, so be sure and subscribe at "Watch" button in full site mode or the flag on TapaTalk, both at upper right of lead post so you don't miss anything.