Question for leftys

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
I’m right handed and have shot left handed with right handed guns my whole life
I’ve been ambidextrous also but sounds quirky writing it down.

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
Lifelong lefty who, until 2 years ago, only used right handed rifles.

Using a right handed rifle generally means an awkward and slower followup shot if that means anything to you. I never had an issue with it until I shot my 2020 buck. Struggled to get a second round in the chamber. I did recover the deer because I made a good shot, but I was pretty nervous for a minute

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Lefty here who has always shot right handed bolts. I bought 2 left handed Tikkas and do not feel any more comfortable with them than my right handed rifles. I guess it’s what you get used to.

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
I shot right handed all of my life until I found out I am left eye dominant. Now, I could not tell you what "hand" I shoot from. 50/50 left to right. Handgun, shotgun and rifle are all ambi now.

This has been an awesome skill to have. I have found in hunting situations that you can't always pick the perfect shot from your preferred hand / eye. Good to be proficient in both.

All that being said I run a RH rifle using my left easy, don't know if I could shoot a LH rifle as well from the right though. I should try...

Yarak

WKR
Im a lefty and have shot right hand rifles all my life
My dad wouldnt buy a left hand for me so thats the way I learned to shoot
No problem with operating the bolt whatsoever
I even build my own rifles and all of them are righties and I even built one with a left hand cheek weld for a right hand rifle