Question about Swarovski "Habicht" model.

ORBoy_80

FNG
Question about older Swaro's. How does the SLC Habicht model stack up against the newer models? Got a pair of 10x42's I'm looking at. They're freshly refurbished by Swarovski. Asking price is $900.

Hope I can get some of you folks to weigh in! Thanks in advance.

AGPank

WKR
Find the serial number, add 30 to the first two digits and you get the year. I assume these are before the SLC NEU. The neu I've looked through, I think Rokslide has some reviews on them. I haven't looked through the older models, but that price seems a little high. For the same money you could buy new high end with HD glass (Trinovid, Meostar sometime on sale at cabelas, conquest HD).

WestNE

WKR
While $900 does seem high if swarovski just went through them I think optically they're still hard to beat. I just sent in an SLC made in '94 and after paying $175 for new lenses and all new internal glass they are certainly back in the ball game when it comes to optical performance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
There's a pair of 7x30 slc on eBay. Older model but refurbished. I think the guy lives close, had them on Craigslist. I tried buying for better price, but he thought they were worth new slc $

OP
O

ORBoy_80

FNG
Thanks for all the input guys. Only a forum like this could a question about old binos get som many people excited. Time to get out and kill some s@&$!