Question about my new Kifaru pack

Scoot

WKR
I got a bikini frame and a Highcamp bag from Kifaru a little while ago. I finally got it all loaded up and ready to rock the other night. I've only got about 45 lbs of weight in the pack with all my gear, but in spite of this the pack seems to sit too low. Even with this modest weight the load lifters fall down to about even with the top of my shoulders. I've tightened my waist belt as tight as it'll go and I've cinched down everything else I could. I can lift it up and jack the waist belt as tight as possible- then the load lifters are about two inches higher than the tops of my shoulders. However, once I move around a little bit the load lifters seem to slide down and are even with the tops of my shoulders. I spoke with Aron before I ordered it and he helped me get the right specs ordered up. It's got long stays and it's for a flat back. I'm about 6'0" and 180 lbs (not sure if that matters or not).

Any help on what I should do to adjust or tweak things would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

littlebuf

Banned
Sounds like the shoulder states are too long. On the timberlines there adjustable in the frame, not sure about he bikini

Rizzy

WKR
Do you think your belt is slipping? If so, loosen up the Delta straps, those are the straps that go from the side of the belt to the pack. Then tighten the belt as much as possible. If the belt is maxed out and still slipping,maybe you need a smaller belt. Also with a flat back configuration there is prolly less butt to hold the lumbar pad up so you really need a tight belt. This is my guess :)

Patrick

FNG
Rizzy is right...this is almost certainly too tight Delta Straps. Before you do ANYTHING else loosen them completely and then tighten the belt very tightly.

The problem in using the Deltas when you don't need them, or too tightly, is that they crumple the belt such that it can't get a proper wrap. Use them sparingly and only when climbing, etc. Which is what they are for.

I know he has only been here for a short time, but I always get a little smile on my face when I see Patrick (Smith) listed as a "Junior Member"!!!

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Thanks very much, fellas. It looks like both SHTF and Rizzy/Patrick were right- the delta straps weren't letting the belt do it's job because I had them too tight. Also, I adjusted the shoulder strap length so the three bar slider was at my colar bone- it was about 2" low. With those fixes in place, all is right in Scoot Land (well... at least regarding this pack!) Thanks very much for the help!!