Quality bipods that attach to a sling stud?

I see magpul has one. What other companies? Anyone aware of or have any experience with any adapters or other ways to attach quality bipods on a sling stud?

The usual go-to will be a Harris (get a Pod Loc for it). There are probably a bunch of options ranging from that all the way up to an MDT Ckye Pod.

Marble

WKR
Harris. I think mine will go 36" high give or take. Seems excessive, but on steep hills and doing predator calling its great.

Get the kind that pivot.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

It’s super easy to add another hole and add the nut and bolt for a pic rail if you have a couple drill bits. Look at the SRS pic/arca rails.
This! ^^^

If there is a chance you hunt in a place where an off hand, short range shot is a possibility, or your doing a lot of walking, the ability to have a bipod on and off the gun in seconds is so nice.

Harris is a great bipod, but man I hate how much goes into taking them on and off, and the weight of one isn’t fun to pack.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
This! ^^^

If there is a chance you hunt in a place where an off hand, short range shot is a possibility, or your doing a lot of walking, the ability to have a bipod on and off the gun in seconds is so nice.

Harris is a great bipod, but man I hate how much goes into taking them on and off, and the weight of one isn’t fun to pack.
So I wasn't aware that you could even add a picatinny rail. I guess you just drill into the stock? You have to remove the stock from the gun? I will go find a video on YouTube, real quick, thanks!

So I wasn't aware that you could even add a picatinny rail. I guess you just drill into the stock? You have to remove the stock from the gun? I will go find a video on YouTube, real quick, thanks!
Super easy. I don’t remove the stock. Use the existing hole for your sling stud (many rails have a large enough hole for this). If it sits too low for the sling to slide in, then put a locking washer down. Tighten this down nice and tight. In the front hole, drill a small pilot hole. I just use a small black wood screw. The front screw really just keeps it from being able to wiggle side to side and adds a little bit of clamping force. Few thousand rounds like this without an issue. Takes maybe 5 minutes. Just measure how much space you have in front of your sling stud to determine which sized pic rail you can use.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
Super easy. I don’t remove the stock. Use the existing hole for your sling stud (many rails have a large enough hole for this). If it sits too low for the sling to slide in, then put a locking washer down. Tighten this down nice and tight. In the front hole, drill a small pilot hole. I just use a small black wood screw. The front screw really just keeps it from being able to wiggle side to side and adds a little bit of clamping force. Few thousand rounds like this without an issue. Takes maybe 5 minutes. Just measure how much space you have in front of your sling stud to determine which sized pic rail you can use.
Thanks

BBob

WKR
Harris with KMW Pod-Loc and American Defense quick release picatinny mount. Do the guy that came up with the Pod-Loc a favor and buy his, KMW by Terry Cross. There are cheaper but I like too try to give the originators and not the knock offs my $$$
IMG_2433.jpeg

atfrith

FNG

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Javelin bipod for a few years now. Not the cheapest, but super light weight, and comes off & on really easy with the magnetic stud adaptor.

atfrith

FNG
Thanks! I was looking at similar things. This one is quite a bit cheaper than the other options I was looking at. Do you feel like it was good enough quality?
It worked well for me through elk and multiple deer hunts this year. It's probably a bit heavier than the more expensive options but so far so good.

I have the magpul picatinny bipod with pan/tilt capabilities on it currently, also held up great.

OP
Schoolhousegrizz
It worked well for me through elk and multiple deer hunts this year. It's probably a bit heavier than the more expensive options but so far so good.

I have the magpul picatinny bipod with pan/tilt capabilities on it currently, also held up great.
I just ordered a couple of them. I'm also thinking about going the Magpul route because it's cheaper than a lot of the others but still seems quality enough for me, thanks a lot!