Qd pic mounts

Are there any 30mm qd mounts that will hold zero through solid impacts?

Iirc they are generally not really recommended compared to a normal setup for holding zero but I’d like to have a spare 2-10 to hunt with for a rifle that primarily has a red dot on it and it’s nice to not use tools

Last edited:

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I know what you mean. I hate getting out tools. I just don’t like the QD. I had one, never felt like it was secure enough. I know there are reputable ones out there, I would only get a really expensive one if I had to.

I run rings with the one cross bolt and nut. It’s a nut driver, so it’s easy on and off. It’s something that I torque by feel if needed. I keep my torque wrench handy though. After doing it a couple dozen times it’s fast. Not that much longer than QD.

OP
DangerRanger
I know what you mean. I hate getting out tools. I just don’t like the QD. I had one, never felt like it was secure enough. I know there are reputable ones out there, I would only get a really expensive one if I had to.

I run rings with the one cross bolt and nut. It’s a nut driver, so it’s easy on and off. It’s something that I torque by feel if needed. I keep my torque wrench handy though. After doing it a couple dozen times it’s fast. Not that much longer than QD.
Probably what I’ll end up going for, a mount with nuts and a couple spare small drivers and socket I keep in my backpack and ranger bag, just would love to not require tools