QAD Exodus/Muzzy Trocar

Does anyone use these broadheads for elk? What’s everyone’s preference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've killed 2 elk with the Exodus. They are very durable heads. I keep one in my quiver, but have switched to primarily mechanical heads for hunting.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the Exodus 125 for several years. Made the switch from Rage so I don't need to worry about mechanicals failing or being legal. Very durable, very sharp, and virtually no POI movement. I've taken several animals with them now.

stxhunter

FNG
I’ll be using these for elk in NM this year, most likely the swept. Considering the severs as well, but the QADs will be my first choice.

MattB

WKR
I killed a moose with a Trocar and was not at all impressed with the edge retention of the blades.

Those are kinda 2 different heads.

I like the QAD Exodus, swept for forgiveness, full blades if you need to meet regulations for no "barbs".

No recent experience to be honest with muzzy, but I wasn't ever too much of a fan. Blades were a weak point, chisel point wasn't durable, and they didn't spin very well. Adequate, but I think a QAD is top of the line in the general market broadhead before you get to the high end stuff.

G5 Striker is similar to Muzzy, I use them some. Blades are about identical but I think they are built a little better in the ferrule.

I shot muzzy broadheads years ago and killed a few elk with them. Great broadheads back then but have no idea now. I started shooting QAD swept this year and am quite impressed with them so far. Hope to put it through an elk rib cage in September.

QAD Exodus full 100grain. Live in Idaho so no swept or "Barbed" heads. They work very well. I am going to play around this year with some s100 iron wills just to see and tinker with something new. The QADs won't be shelved though they will ride in my quiver with half the arrows in it.

Bump79

WKR
I like the Exodus in 125 swept, that's the best version in my opinion. I have some laying around I don't "need" if you want some.

eltaco

WKR
I’ve used both but gave up on the Trocar after one use.

I’ve been using QAD Exodus swept heads for a lot of years and have been continually impressed with them. It’s the one head I recommend highly to anybody. You made a good choice having it in your short list.

Fowl Play

WKR
I’ve killed two bull elk with Muzzy trocars. I like them. Have not tried the exodus yet. I like the Broadhead testing “Lusk Archery Adventures” does on YouTube. He rates these two heads almost identically, slight edge to the exodus, but the Trocars actually penetrate more which is nice for elk.

Scotte17

FNG
I've been shooting the Muzzy trocar 125 for the last three years. They've a bull and a couple deer for me.