Q&A Leupold VX-3HD 2.5-8x36mm field eval

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
See-

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
I own this scope, and took it off my .260 to put on an eventual rimfire. Interesting to see the drop failure. Thanks for the review.

Choupique

WKR
I kinda expected this one to do alright. I have a few of them from my uneducated days. They get treated better than my "western" rifle scope does and have been fine. They don't get dropped/bumped/etc though, basically go from gun rack to a stand and back to gun rack. They did seem to always adjust much better than my really cheap leupolds, but I wouldn't be dialing one up and down a bunch.

Tod osier

WKR
See-

This is a perfect example for those that say they work.... during the drop test movement observed you could still stack a lot of venison even with all the wandering.

Gives me a sick stomach every time I think about the time and money I spent on that brand and the time spent chasing my tail wasting ammo and destroying confidence. Thanks for showing me the light, I'm eternally grateful.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Did anyone expect anything different 😂

I actually expected a lag on adjustments but (quick read) I didn't see the lag.

I've been fortunate in the past to have several 6x42 Leupolds with M1's that adjusted reliably. I really liked them. The wondering zero from use to use finally got to be more than I could stand. Spending time with SWFA's made it all the more obvious. I do wish Leupold would focus on reliability.

Clark33

WKR
I just watched Newbergs son miss an antelope 2 or 3 times with a leupold. I wonder how many times they blame a bad range for the miss instead of just actually blaming the scope.

LightFoot

WKR
I just watched Newbergs son miss an antelope 2 or 3 times with a leupold. I wonder how many times they blame a bad range for the miss instead of just actually blaming the scope.

I saw that and I hoped for a little more explanation of what happened, including the range.

>>>——JAKE——>

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
This is a little disheartening. I thought I had decided on the VX5HD 3-15 for the scope I was going to purchase later this month during the Black Friday sales. However after reading this review, it has me second guessing. I am looking for a western hunting scope with a top end zoom range of 12 to 16 and a weight around 20 oz. I prefer MOA, a simplified reticle and a dialing turret with a solid zero stop. I would like the price range to be around $800-$1000. I don’t really like the Vortex dialing system. Any suggestions?

This is a little disheartening. I thought I had decided on the VX5HD 3-15 for the scope I was going to purchase later this month during the Black Friday sales. However after reading this review, it has me second guessing. I am looking for a western hunting scope with a top end zoom range of 12 to 16 and a weight around 20 oz. I prefer MOA, a simplified reticle and a dialing turret with a solid zero stop. I would like the price range to be around $800-$1000. I don’t really like the Vortex dialing system. Any suggestions?
Trijicon tenmile should do the trick

kipper09

WKR

LightFoot

WKR
The tenmile 3-18x50 SFP was on sale for under $1K which is what I think the poster was talking about.

The credo is also a good option.

>>>——JAKE——>
Yeah the EO ones was what I was talking about. But all the 800-1000$ ones are gone 😢 but that credo is the same thing