Q&A for Vortex Razor Gen III 3-36x56mm Field Eval

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Your typically scorecard is great.

Catastrophic failures, zero retention, tracking, rtz.

How's upper mag eyebox vs NX8? I dig the DMx NX8 so I guess I'm not picky.

I’d highly suggest a NF 1-8x…

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Updated.

This scope has been given back to Ryan. No matter how it was mounted or what was done it had intermittent vertical shifts of .2-.4 mil.

Long Cut

WKR
Updated.

This scope has been given back to Ryan. No matter how it was mounted or what was done it had intermittent vertical shifts of .2-.4 mil.

Thankfully Vortex has a great Warranty.

Maybe the second (or third) replacement will function without issues?!

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
Just reading through this. I Used a 6-24 AMG for 4 years. I used it as a crossover scope for both prs style shooting (Border Wars and Lost Boys 1 day series) and hunting. In 4 years it made over 10 trips to the factory. In addition the elevation turret spline came loose once, and I took the scope apart and glued it back together. When it failed completely at the finale match and I went from top 5 in the series to 15thish, that was the end. I'm now running a Burris XTR Pro. I haven't seen the obvious .1 and .2 issues that I saw with the Vortex. I have no idea if it holds zero for long term though because I change barrels back and forth all the time. I have dropped it (accidentally) and checked zero and it has held. A couple pretty big drops, but nothing like 9x36".

I really like the features of the Gen3 Razor. I also like the way Vortex treats their customers (the CS people). The engineers refuse to admit there is a problem. Hopefully, they start to show an interest in building a scope that will take some abuse. If they did that, I would shoot the hell out of them, and promote the hell out of them. I have so many rounds fired through their reticle that it doesn't even bother me that it sucks for hunting. I can make it work with illumination, and it is very familiar.