Q&A for SWFA UL 2.5-10x32mm Field Eval

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
That is wild. I was just about ready to sell mine and swap it for another Trijicon 2.5-10 Huron (had one that has been working well on my other rifle). But now I wonder... Sounds like the little SWFA will work and maybe loose zero enough to cause a miss if I hit it hard (hard enough I'll notice?) and if I take a long shot after that knock. Maybe I'll just keep it where it is, especially since I've been running an untested Trijicon on the assumption that it will hold up reasonably well. Who knows? The SWFA might be as good or better at this rate.
20230827_202951.jpg The little scope does look nice on a carved down .358 Ruger American.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What torque failed and what torque passed on the update?

18 in-lbs. I did not torque higher. When retorqued, 18 in-lbs did move a couple of screws slightly as 18 in-lbs just isn’t enough across the board.

Definitely fared better than i thought. Have you seen multiples or just one of these scopes?

Just this one for the drop eval. I have seen a couple more used, but not extremely heavily. They did work fine from what I saw.

dkime

WKR
Not much a Q&A but an observation. Had one of these In the 556 reticle flavor mounted on a rifle for a hog hunt last week. Scope had performed great, shot some pigs one evening and the next evening the reticle had spun about 30deg. Rifle hadn’t been dropped and was carried nearly everywhere. Once I had the chance to check zero on the rifle POI shift was close enough to my initial zero that I wouldn’t have even called it a failure. Killed a few more pigs and obviously SWFA covered it under warranty no problems asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk