Q&A for Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12x42mm Field Eval

Yep, a 10 shot group will be a bit larger than the circle so both 3 shot groups are well within the cone

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Another one has arrived- this makes number 3.

IMG_8838.jpeg

Unsure at this point whether to put it through the drop eval, as it seems pretty clear that they do not do well with impacts; or to just shoot it and see what happens.

Another one has arrived- this makes number 3.

View attachment 715473

Unsure at this point whether to put it through the drop eval, as it seems pretty clear that they do not do well with impacts; or to just shoot it and see what happens.
I’m surprised you’ve been donated a 3rd after how poorly the last two performed. Do people like them so much they that they’re donating them thinking there will be better results or are these coming from Athlon?

IDMilton

FNG
Form,
I’m not attacking you at all or anything. You’ve been very helpful in the past when I’ve asked you questions and I’m sure I have less than one percent of your experience with scopes, but may I ask how tightly you are torquing the scope bases and caps? I am using the sports match. My bases are at 35 inch pounds and the caps are at 22.

I posted back towards the beginning of this thread, reporting that I did 9 36 inch drops twice onto my shooting pad and my scope did well. I hunted with it last fall and have done target shooting with it and it is still doing fine.

Maybe I just got lucky with mine. It’s on a suppressed Tikka 7-08, so not much recoil, but some rough dirt roads.

Form,
I’m not attacking you at all or anything. You’ve been very helpful in the past when I’ve asked you questions and I’m sure I have less than one percent of your experience with scopes, but may I ask how tightly you are torquing the scope bases and caps? I am using the sports match. My bases are at 35 inch pounds and the caps are at 22.

I posted back towards the beginning of this thread, reporting that I did 9 36 inch drops twice onto my shooting pad and my scope did well. I hunted with it last fall and have done target shooting with it and it is still doing fine.

Maybe I just got lucky with mine. It’s on a suppressed Tikka 7-
If you read his evaluations, you will see that he always double checks the rings and base.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Form,

Maybe I just got lucky with mine. It’s on a suppressed Tikka 7-08, so not much recoil, but some rough dirt roads.

I start at 18 in-lbs, then move to 20in-lbs if they slip.