Putting orange on your pack

I have an older Mystery Ranch Crew Cab that I picked up used several years ago. No idea if any manufacturers offer and orange one any longer.
Ok. I’ve been looking for an orange crew cab. Lucky you for having one.

Thanks. -Rufus

My wife sewed some Velcro to a square of blaze polar fleece, somehow it got lost. I usually have a regular red bandanna in my daypack for various uses, I will probably just get some orange ones next time. When I’m backpacking I have a small tech fabric towel that I usually take that has a loop with a snap that can be attached to whatever that is handy and dual purpose.

aae111fa21989c745f0a04d073de0de7.jpg

I use a neck gator and we’ve it in my pack straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the buff brand solid orange fluorescent neck gaiter and slide it around my exo lid before strapping the lid. I suspect you could use it on any pack. It is super bright neon fluorescent orange. $20

TN requirements are ,,,Hunters must wear on the upper portion of their body and head a minimum of 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent-orange (blaze orange), visible front and back while hunting big game except on archery-only and turkey hunts. A hat and vest fulfill requirements.

But with a backpack, I usually put my vest on top.

I personally hate the orange on head requirement, im not a hat guy

Let me start out saying I wish they pack company's would make a orange pull out cover to attach to your pack when hiking in or out. Do you guys just take a extra orange vest and attach it to the pack? Noticed last year when you have a orange vest and hat on with your pack on your back it's hard to see the blaze orange from the back

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Probably breaking the rules here but I saw your SG Solo and interested. Don’t have the minimum req for sending a PM but my PayPal is loaded if you want to share your email.

I have an orange aglow panel and an orange rain fly from jimmy tarps.

I saw a guy that uses a small red bliking light like for a bicycle on the back of his pack. It works night and day and is easily observable.

My scouting/day or two trip pack is orange, bino harness is orange, wear an orange vest/shirt and orange hat. Spend way more time scouting and hiking/backpacking and carry this setup in place of my dedicated pack an animal out pack. For my larger pack, my wife made me a slip over water proof pack cover that's bright orange.
orange.jpg

orange 2.jpg

58f27a806813c4ed4893a07a4777165a.jpg

I use the Orangeaglow , I always have it in my possibles pouch just in case a guy was to get hurt and always have it on the bag during spring bear and rifle season

Without a dead animal in the pack, I don’t give it much thought(could be trusting every joker in the woods with a gun too much). Once I strap a head to it, add few 12-18” pieces of orange/pink flagging tape to the horns.

I use a cheap orange vest. Howevery uncles Eberlestock has blaze orange accessories.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hunting near a large metro area I wear a lot of blaze orange during the required seasons or when carrying an animal out. The Orange Aglow panel is great. Just make sure you still have it still on your pack after crashing through the oak.

I keep a 50 cent blaze bandana in my pack. Works great. I tie it to my pack during rifle seasons, and onto antlers when packing out.

Back