Putting in for out of state tags

So, I want to start at least buying bonus points in states and was wondering how many of you guys do this and which states require you to purchase their hunting license in addition. It is possible to just buy points in certain states without purchasing a license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
Wyoming let's you buy just the point

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
The nice thing about UT is you can use the same license for 2 years if you submit your drawing prior to the date you purchased your license the year before. The license is only 65.00 and is good for 365 days. Compared to many states that is crazy cheap. It cost me 145.00 (65.00 for the license and 10.00 for points for each species) to apply for points for everything in UT when I have to buy a license and 80.00 all the other years. That is for everything......deer, elk, antelope, both sheep, goat, and buffalo. WY is 110.00 just for deer, elk, and antelope. I think AZ is a 365 day license too but I haven't been putting in for points down there so I'm not sure.

xziang

WKR
I just purchase WY and CO PP. WY = $50.00 CO = Need to put upfront money for the CO tag like $499.99 I think but then 30-60 days later then send you a check for $420.00 (MY dollar figures are NOT accurate for CO fyi)

So, I want to start at least buying bonus points in states and was wondering how many of you guys do this and which states require you to purchase their hunting license in addition. It is possible to just buy points in certain states without purchasing a license?

Randy Newberg has videos on youtube about every western state and explains their draw process. Eastman's members research section has it as well. That's how I learned.

Nevada, Arizona, and Utah require a license purchase as far as I know. Wyoming does not. Colorado requires you pay for the tag up front, then you get a refund minus the cost for the app and point. Idaho does not offer points.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colorado now has a penelty if you didn't have a license the year before. Utah has awesome elk but a very long odds of drawing a tag

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk