Pucker factor

Badseed

WKR
Has anyone ever done business with Pucker Factor Rifles out of wyoming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpk

WKR
I have not.

I tend to avoid situations that increase the aforementioned factor. That's a poor choice for a "professional" business name, IMO....personally, I'd continue shopping.

I thought exactly the same thing.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Normally I would agree and wouldn’t even ask the question but so far the owner has been very responsive and hasn’t triggered any red flags, except for the company name.

BBob

WKR
He is/was a Defiance dealer. Defiance sent me to him when I was looking for something specific in stock somewhere. I’ll add Defiance seemed to know him well and recommended him with another I do know fairly well in my search.

Last edited:
OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Well thats helpful. I have seen a handful of comments about them being a good shop but anymore its tough to trust sites that aren’t frequently mentioned because so many are scams now.

BBob

WKR
Contact Tara Betts from Defiance and ask her what she thinks. She’s in customer service. She’s the one that referred me.

Awful name. Looks like they just got in a batch of defiance actions at the old prices.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I just spent about 10 minutes talking with the owner, Brian. He answered all of my questions with clear, detailed experience of gun smithing. I cant speak to the quality of his work but its obvious that he is very knowledgable and has hands experience building custom rifles. Very friendly and enthusiastic gunsmith. Now I have one more option to add to my builders list…

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
I kind of like off-the-wall companies, as long as their reputations are solid. I’d perform my due diligence like you’re doing, but I wouldn’t necessarily be scared off by a quirky company name.

Has anyone ever done business with Pucker Factor Rifles out of wyoming?

I live in Evanston and know Brian personally. I’ve been on the fence about getting a custom rifle for a bit and will now be getting one for the ‘24 season. I also know the guy Brian learned from, so I have no reservations about recommending him for a rifle build. He is as honest as you can get and has taken more than enough time to help me with some other small jobs in the past.

We have another builder in town and I wouldn’t go near them based on quite a few responses I’ve gotten when looking in to a custom build. While you might not like the choice of business name, it is his business and business is good. I was just out there and he’s got plenty of orders, somewhere around 30 rifles currently. Build times are currenly running around 4 months for a custom rig start to finish. He’s got a small crew and just brought his cerakote in-house. Brian is very meticulous and deliberate with what he does and thoughtful towards the customer. They’re not high volume but they have plenty of work. He’s got a very nice shop which he keeps clean and organized. So yeah, I would recommend him without hesitation.

A current build on a Defiance Anti in 7-SS

Attachments

• ED4DCD4F-CBFA-4FFF-A047-0A7B17F5B201.jpeg
    ED4DCD4F-CBFA-4FFF-A047-0A7B17F5B201.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 8E03A926-D5D5-40B3-8797-1648284CEC9E.jpeg
    8E03A926-D5D5-40B3-8797-1648284CEC9E.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 118
  • B33FAD64-779C-46B9-A41F-188A039FEAE1.jpeg
    B33FAD64-779C-46B9-A41F-188A039FEAE1.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 112
  • EA8E52D7-CF14-41C6-8064-3A414E90F5FD.jpeg
    EA8E52D7-CF14-41C6-8064-3A414E90F5FD.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 116
I had reservations before buying from him as well. I haven’t received the action yet but I ordered it a month ago. I saw him posting on long range shooting and hunting forums. I looked at his trader reviews and messaged some of the people that bought from him and there was a couple guys in there that I trust and have bought and sold stuff before. Talking with those guys built my confidence up enough to buy. I have 1/2 down on it and he is still very responsive. I can update when I get it he estimated that is should be another week or 2 until I get it.

I know they were having issues with outsourcing their cerakote as far as time constraints so he decided to bring it in house. Sounds like he got a good guy that’s a professional painter and has some skill.

jblanchrd

FNG
I had a 7prc that Brian built for me. Defiance anTI/Proof CF cerakoted black. Great guy and texted me all through out the process of building my rifle. Even sent me pics. I have talked to him numerous times since then and I am actually sending him a barrel to have the throat lengthened on. Turnaround was 2 weeks to my door.
IMG_4319.jpgIMG_4320.jpg

BBob

WKR
I'm thinking about using pucker factor to get my action nitride.
H&m has a $350 min
What is he charging? I assume he's batching several at a time and sending to HM. I should talk to him to see if he's doing just the action bodies or open to doing the small parts as well.

What is he charging? I assume he's batching several at a time and sending to HM. I should talk to him to see if he's doing just the action bodies or open to doing the small parts as well.
They will do anything steel. No springs.
The bolt shroud is aluminum.
$125 is what he has posted. I doubt that includes shipping.