PSA- language and context

There’s been some overuse of a few words and acronyms. We don’t always have the time to read the context so if a word would have you in the HR office at work then don’t use them here.

What happens if the HR department at work uses those words and acronyms themselves?

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edited the original post for more details.

gabenzeke

WKR
I honestly can't figure out which acronym is in question here. I guess I'll just hope for the best?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I think we should ban the word "running" unless you are actually talking about physical exercise.

And "kit" unless you are talking about the fox.
The motor in my truck is _________.

If you use high power draw functions without the engine _______ your battery will get drained.

I was going to cut wood, but my chainsaw is not _______ well so I have to go to town instead.

My kid left the water on and it was __________ over the side and into the street.

A River _________ Through It.

But, yeah, running Kifaru wallets, or running binoculars makes me think of a horror movie plot, Revenge of the Gear. Could I out run them is the question?

The motor in my truck is _________.

If you use high power draw functions without the engine _______ your battery will get drained.

I was going to cut wood, but my chainsaw is not _______ well so I have to go to town instead.

My kid left the water on and it was __________ over the side and into the street.

A River _________ Through It.

But, yeah, running Kifaru wallets, or running binoculars makes me think of a horror movie plot, Revenge of the Gear. Could I out run them is the question?

Lol
I stand by my statement.

Btaylor

WKR
The motor in my truck is __rebuilt___.

If you use high power draw functions without the engine __on___ your battery will get drained.

I was going to cut wood, but my chainsaw is not _cranking__ well so I have to go to town instead.

My kid left the water on and it was _spilling___ over the side and into the street.

A River _flows___ Through It.

;)

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks for fixing it for me.

The chainsaw cranks fine, it even idles fine, but every time I goose the throttle it sputters and smokes, I get a burning smell too. We all know a chainsaw does not work, the person using it works, so I'm not sure how to say that with fewer words. :unsure:

Lets not even start on if the chainsaw is a BA operator, it may have cut through a roof or two, but never blown a door in the sand box. So, it does not operate.... :unsure:

Btaylor

WKR
Thanks for fixing it for me.

The chainsaw cranks fine, it even idles fine, but every time I goose the throttle it sputters and smokes, I get a burning smell too. We all know a chainsaw does not work, the person using it works, so I'm not sure how to say that with fewer words. :unsure:

Stop running the choke. :cool:

robtattoo

WKR
I'm still trying to decipher what the word is!

Could be harmless?
Could be an insult to someone's intelligence?
Could be a sexual insult?

I'm baffled I tell ya!