Proximity vs Stratus jacket

Needing a versatile wind proof stand hunting jacket. It’s came down to these two. Anyone have experience either or both. Thanks

Apples to oranges. Proximity and Solitude are insulated while the Stratus is a fleece backed windproof softshell type jacket (that you would have to layer under).

Really depends on what you want.

Just gonna start by recapping what Nick said, and they are 2 different jackets as the Proximity is insulated and the Stratus is not. Both are nice pieces. The Stratus is pretty versatile because it can cover a lot of temperature range depending on how you layer. The Proximity is pretty packable for a insulated jacket. It's not as heavy as the Solitude mentioned. This may come down to expected to outside temperature and how easily you get cold. If the majority of your hunting is in the 10-40° range then I'd go with the Proximity. If I could only purchase one coat, for stand hunting, I would start with something insulated such as the Proximity.

I have a stratus set and have worn it with layers from 70 in texas down to 10 degrees in montana. Im a huge fan of it. The stratus is very versatile and quiet. If youre only hunting in the cold, id look for more insulation built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stratus stops wind better then the proximity but the proximity does a good job and is warmer they are both very quiet I have them both and use the proximity way more but the stratus is a little more versatile with layers. now if it’s really cold I use the fanatic top and bottom can’t go wrong with ether but with the stratus you will have to purchase or have more layers on depending how cold you run. I get cold easy while in the tree..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at Pnuma Waypoint. Great jacket, wind proof and more substantial that Stratus. I have both and when the temp drops I find myself reaching for the Waypoint more.

I had the Stratus bibs and jacket and now have the Proximity set. I had to layer quite a bit with the Stratus - base layers, mid layer, insulation, then Stratus. With the Proximity I just wear base layers and I am more comfortable at the same temperatures. I would say the Proximity sits right between the Stratus and Fanatic.

Back