Proposition 127 donation recommendation

Howdy, I am a Georgia guy but would like to contribute to fighting Prop 127 in Colorado as this kind of cancer will continue to spread across the country.

Who is leading the charge in fighting this? I would like to make a donation and encourage my fellow Georgians to chip in.

Thanks, Luke

taskswap

WKR
I don't meant this to sound defeatist, but I don't think $50 one way or another is going to change anything. This war is being fought in the media (and I don't mean the papers - I mean social media) in venues where "spend" doesn't buy as much as it used to.

If you want to help, get your voice out on platforms where hunters aren't normally found, and are usually echo chambers for Prop 127 supporters. At the very least, go make a Reddit account and vote up anybody opposing 127, including this one (me) and vote down anybody supporting it. Note that it is not important to comment (and may even hurt, if you come out too hard). Just add your weight to the consensus.

Then make sure everybody in your personal network / friend / family circle knows how important this issue is, especially in Colorado.

FWIW, I don't hunt mountain lions. And I may never do it. It's not a cat-lover thing - I honestly just have my hands full trying to land my first bear. I can't even wrap my head around the work required to bring down a lion. But this issue should be relevant to all of us, whether we hunt cats or not. The real undercurrent here is "exactly how much should non-hunters be able to control hunting activities via voter actions?" Winning this Prop will embolden every anti-hunting group out there to do and spend more on exactly this kind of activity in the future.

Candidly, I've never personally bought into some of the more extreme claims we've seen in recent years like "A vote to make it harder to buy silencers is a nail in the coffin for all hunting." But I sure do believe it here. If you've ever worried whether hunting has a future, this right here could be the test-balloon for a tool opponents used to kill it entirely over the next 50 years.

OP
gentleman4561
I don't meant this to sound defeatist, but I don't think $50 one way or another is going to change anything. This war is being fought in the media (and I don't mean the papers - I mean social media) in venues where "spend" doesn't buy as much as it used to.

If you want to help, get your voice out on platforms where hunters aren't normally found, and are usually echo chambers for Prop 127 supporters. At the very least, go make a Reddit account and vote up anybody opposing 127, including this one (me) and vote down anybody supporting it. Note that it is not important to comment (and may even hurt, if you come out too hard). Just add your weight to the consensus.

Then make sure everybody in your personal network / friend / family circle knows how important this issue is, especially in Colorado.

FWIW, I don't hunt mountain lions. And I may never do it. It's not a cat-lover thing - I honestly just have my hands full trying to land my first bear. I can't even wrap my head around the work required to bring down a lion. But this issue should be relevant to all of us, whether we hunt cats or not. The real undercurrent here is "exactly how much should non-hunters be able to control hunting activities via voter actions?" Winning this Prop will embolden every anti-hunting group out there to do and spend more on exactly this kind of activity in the future.

Candidly, I've never personally bought into some of the more extreme claims we've seen in recent years like "A vote to make it harder to buy silencers is a nail in the coffin for all hunting." But I sure do believe it here. If you've ever worried whether hunting has a future, this right here could be the test-balloon for a tool opponents used to kill it entirely over the next 50 years.
Done and done.

Agreed, on the $50 not swinging anything. Just trying to help out however I can.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Wamj is the worst. Pretending to be native right now. Watch the Karen try to wrap her mind around telling a native person how to live their lives… She has several screws loose