Proposed NM Assault Weapon Ban

Bbell12

WKR
I'm telling you guys, the shit is coming, one law at a time. Look what the SCOUS did yesterday without ONE dissenting vote.
That was just a ruling that the law will still stand while undergoing litigation, which is a ruling that has to do with due process and not the 2nd amendment.

Gila

WKR
We will get a new governor before that happens. Quite a few sportsmen and sportswomen are Democrats here. There are also quite a few swing voters as well. This is just a suck up to Biden’s agenda, but it will go no where. Some state legislator a year or two ago tried to introduce a gun storage bill that went down in flames. We are an open carry state with very loose CCW regulations. The crazy people who reside mostly in large metropolitan areas are the problem, not the guns...everyone knows that Dem or Repub. No one wants to address that children are being killed or harmed by drunk drivers or child abuse. This is nothing but a diversion by the leftist-elites who won’t address the real societal problems going on is this state. They are not a majority of the voting base here.

Gila

WKR
Looking at the bill Rep. Andrea Romero put together for the Governor, there is no way it will ever survive committee. She wants to make it a felony to own or possess, including mags for more than 10 rds. So if you already own those guns, you would need to turn it in, or send it out of state. That would never happen in this state. If by some fluke it ever did pass, then it would never be enforced simply because it couldn’t be enforced.

But there are some really downright idiotic laws here. One of my favorites is that seniors are exempt from paying state income tax upon their 100th Birthday.

Gila

WKR
The problem with NM is two liberal counties control the entire vote for the state. Talk about lack of representation for rural
That isn’t necessarily the case. The majority of the state legislature does not represent just those two counties. But as a total population, it is true that those two counties have most of the far left-wing progressives. However, they are not in the majority of the state legislature.

Dems are embolden right now with having won a lot of elections this past year. They will try to get through as many of their agents/campaign talking points as they can in short order.

From what I have seen and heard over the last week a lot of them are getting themselves tied up in court with nothing to really stand on to defend their agendas, other than false claims. NY some how got a work around of court ruling. IL, well IL politics is just a bunch of criminals, that stripped a tax bill and put in gun laws. Judge sounded pretty pissed and was just short of telling the state to go back to high school gov class. The feds just think they can make laws up as they feel a desire like it is grade school tag at recess.

tony

WKR
I'm telling you guys, the shit is coming, one law at a time. Look what the SCOUS did yesterday without ONE dissenting vote.
I looked and cant find what they voted on?
West Virginia is working to pass a campus carry bill. Of course all the college presidents are up in arms about the needless death and slaughter that’s about to take place when this passes.
Is it about control? Or are people really that stupid to believe a “no guns allowed” sign prevents anything

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I looked and cant find what they voted on?
West Virginia is working to pass a campus carry bill. Of course all the college presidents are up in arms about the needless death and slaughter that’s about to take place when this passes.
Is it about control? Or are people really that stupid to believe a “no guns allowed” sign prevents anything
The ruling was on NY strict new legislation which for the time being is allowed to stand. Someone mentioned this was not about 2nd amendment, but due process. when I read there was not ONE dissenting vote on the ruling, it does not bode well for the case when it does actually come before the SCOUS.

That isn’t necessarily the case. The majority of the state legislature does not represent just those two counties. But as a total population, it is true that those two counties have most of the far left-wing progressives. However, they are not in the majority of the state legislature.

I hope the back down liberal agenda

Shraggs

WKR
The new Michigan proposals (HR6544, 6545, 6546) are also really bad. Very similar in what is termed an assault rifle (detachable mag, and one of a few features: heat shield, pistol grip etc) but two steps further in requiring registration and disallowing all long arms in public areas. State/federal land included. Would be pretty rough to catch a felony walking back to the truck with a rifle outside of hunting hours on public land.

IMO Guns are not for hunting. They are for use against tyrannical govt and invasion. Not looking good on both fronts.

Agreed, unfortunately the votes are already there to pass it. It’s shelia Jackson draft that is sweeping dem controlled states at just the right time.

The execution of creating chaos, border, drugs, economic , voting integrity is nearly complete - just need to remove the means to respond to oppression…

whaack

WKR
We are now in uncharted Territory. Bruen and Heller mean nothing to these people. Common use? Who cares.

My home state just outlawed and made felons out of hundreds of thousands of its residents overnight with zero regards for the law by outlawing ARs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluefish

WKR
The ruling was on NY strict new legislation which for the time being is allowed to stand. Someone mentioned this was not about 2nd amendment, but due process. when I read there was not ONE dissenting vote on the ruling, it does not bode well for the case when it does actually come before the SCOUS.
I listened to a podcast and they think it’s more the Supreme Court allowing the process to work. They are not going to override the process. They want to let the lower courts work as it’s designed. If the lower courts do not apply the ruling per the new standards, then they step in. Although it would be nice if these lawmakers passing laws clearly against the latest ruling would be slapped down.

Sounds like Illinois
Here you go.
e20355b1ecc0dee923bd3a256280e203.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Gila

WKR
The left-wing radicals here are saying that any gun that isn’t being used for hunting should be banned. But our state constitution is very specific with our right to keep and bear arms:

Article II, § 6 of the Constitution of New Mexico provides:
“No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons. No municipality or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident of the right to keep and bear arms.”

Quite a few of our Sanctuary Counties have Democrat senators and house reps. If any of these gun bills do make it out of commitee, there are not very many Democrats needed to defeat the bills anyway. Illinois has quite a few sanctuary counties, I don’t know about Michigan. California fell because their state constitution didn’t grant any rights to keep and bear arms.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My home state just outlawed and made felons out of hundreds of thousands of its residents overnight with zero regards for the law by outlawing ARs.
Well, they already consider us "deplorables", they might as well consider us felons too. At this point it's not that we have a Constitutional "right" to remove and install a new government (which we do).......it's that we have an "obligation" to.

whaack

WKR
Well, they already consider us "deplorables", they might as well consider us felons too. At this point it's not that we have a Constitutional "right" to remove and install a new government (which we do).......it's that we have an "obligation" to.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk