Property line disputes

I would have the surveyor flag the line and have a fence put up. I would make sure that I got my fence up before he gets one up. He seems willing to spend money on that property line so it not unreasonable to expect he will build a fence of his own. If you get yours up ahead he will need to dispute the line if he chooses not you. I would rather spend my money on a fence than an attorney.

He may not trust the surveyor but the sure as heck court will.

My experience has been that light fences come down faster than going up. I have railroad ties at corners and high points for reference. Strengthens the argument. To make your life easier pound a one inch piece of rebar in next to the survey point but about an inch below the surface. Easy to pick up with a metal detector but hard to move. After that you will have to get serious.

It was surveyed within three months before he bought it. I was told about a cease and desist but will the lawyer do anything else if the cedars aren’t worth anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He gets a property damage bill and he will stop.

Boone Pickens made millions of oil and gas companies making mesquite tree mistakes outside permitted areas.

hikenhunt

WKR
My experience has been that light fences come down faster than going up. I have railroad ties at corners and high points for reference. Strengthens the argument. To make your life easier pound a one inch piece of rebar in next to the survey point but about an inch below the surface. Easy to pick up with a metal detector but hard to move. After that you will have to get serious.
This is a great idea. I had a neighbor move a surveyed corner to where he thought it should be...

Dont pound more ferris shit next to a corner especially a rebar. Say there was a rebar/alcap set, you set a rebar next to it, the cap falls off the original, now you have 2 rebars at your corner. Good way to make surveys cost more money when dealing with that stuff. Also don't pound a fence post over the monument. How is a surveyor supposed to recover your corner when there is a fence post on top of it. If you want to make it eaiser to find with a metal detector buy some strong magnets off amazon and put them by the corner.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Point taken. I had a neighbor that pulled all my survey corners or I surmised. On the second trip, I put in triagulation points to recover from and ties within a ft on line. I could still set up a transit and re-establish my line.

Dont pound more ferris shit next to a corner especially a rebar. Say there was a rebar/alcap set, you set a rebar next to it, the cap falls off the original, now you have 2 rebars at your corner. Good way to make surveys cost more money when dealing with that stuff. Also don't pound a fence post over the monument. How is a surveyor supposed to recover your corner when there is a fence post on top of it. If you want to make it eaiser to find with a metal detector buy some strong magnets off amazon and put them by the corner.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don't think that can be over stated. A rebar or pipe set near your existing corner is about worse things you can do.