Proof Research VS. Bergara CURE Carbon Barrel ?

I dont want to buy a new rifle and replace everything but the action

Then buy a custom action like an origin or coup de grace for a little more, enjoy much better aftermarket support and stick a proof prefit on it. It makes a lot more sense than starting with a factory action that’s inferior with far less aftermarket support for hardly any savings. If you don’t want to bolt it together yourself then call Altus and buy the parts through them and they’ll bolt it together for you.

I wouldn’t touch a CF barrel with a 10’ pole that’s not a Proof or a Bartlein. Time and time again you hear of accuracy issues with fierce, Bergera, carbon six, and Christensen because their CF barrels are all trash.

soyshaun

FNG
It does now. Proof 20" 7PRC conversion from 300WM.

My custom Tikka 7PRC in an aftermarket chassis is still about $600+ cheaper than I paid for my Fierce Reaper that still is not fully functional after several warranty repairs.
Would you be able to let me know a little more what you did to build this

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Would you be able to let me know a little more what you did to build this
Bought a stainless (Veil?) Tikka T3X Superlite from Cabela's (mistake #1 because I should have just bought the cheapest magnum stainless Tikka available, but didn't plan it out right).

Took it to High Score Gunsmithing in ABQ, NM and told them to order a Proof 20" blank and turn it into a 7PRC (with threaded muzzle and silencer adapter timed).

Ordered a Stocky's VG stock and High Desert Bottom Metal.

Ordered UM medium rings and Nightforce NX8.

Fastened the screws and let it eat.

soyshaun

FNG
Hells yeah sounds like a good time for sure! What was you final cost all said and done? Been trying to figure out which way I want to go... build or just buy thes setup. Would be nice if I can save a little $ in the process.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
If you're smart it would still run you close to $2k. Pre fit DIY barrel swap will be a lot cheaper if you can borrow the tools.

I spontaneously bumbled into the build and am over $3k in.