Proof Research Elevation Rifle

Chredw01

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with these rifles. I want to build a 6/5PRC with an EH1, proof research barrel, and other componenets but saw their Elevation MTN and think I could get one cheaper.

Bighorn origin and a proof prefit barrel would be well under 2k, and you’d save yourself the Gunsmithing fees. EH1s aren’t hard to find used so you could save a chunk of change there. Personally I’d build one.

I had a chance to play around with the Elevation in 6.5 Creed and really liked it a lot - and like some others have said for the price its great deal. I have been waiting for them to put out one in 7MM-08 which they list but have never actually seen one. I got tired of waiting so recently bought one of the new Bartlein CF wrapped barrels and will be more or less building the same thing.

Its a darn nice rifle though for the money, if I wanted a Creed or one they offer I'd be all over it. The stock is really a nice stock for a hunting rig.

I have one great rifle but as others have said you can build a damn good rifle off a bighorn action and proof or hells canyon carbon barrel for close to a proof elevation rifle cost. I have mike at hells canyon armory putting together at 280ai for me. My total build cost running his barrel and me supplying all the other parts is under $2450 grant me I sent him an old LA 700 to work with so my build cost is lower than sourcing a bighorn action but then I have to pay the smith to true it up. if I didn’t have the 700 action laying around I would have sourced a bighorn and went from there. The elevation stock is not the best either. Don’t count grayboe stocks out either I have a few custom builds on their stocks too and for 1/2 price to a manners there not to bad.