price check?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to be selling a M70 Featherweight locally and wanted to get a ballpark price to sell. It's a circa early 80's New Haven, push feed, .30-06. Original factory wood stock- few minor dings here and there. Low round count- guessing 200-300 (carried a lot more than shot :D). It has a fluted bolt, aluminum bottom metal, action has been bedded (gunsmith) and trigger to 3 lbs (gunsmith). The action/bolt/bottom metal Cerakoted.

Fluting (and he enlarged the hole on the bolt handle) was $125 (Kampfeld)
Cerakote was a $150 (BlueLine)
aluminum bottom metal $135 (PTG)
action bedding/trigger was $150

It's light (for a wood stock Featherweight anyways)- right at 6 lbs.

Anyways don't want to over price it, nor under price it. Probably best start just a wee bit high I'm guessing???

Thanks in advance
Mike

SDHNTR

WKR
I see $750-800ish. Maybe start at $850 and see if someone has to have it. The push feeds don’t command the prices that New Haven Classics do. And unfortunately, you’ll never fully recoup gunsmithing/customization costs. Nice rifles though. I have one that is similar and was my first big boy rifle. Very accurate, functional and reliable. It is like an extension of my body, point, shoot and dead.

Axlrod

WKR
You can go on Gunbroker, at the top click advanced, then click completed items. Type in your rifle model and look for items that had bids. This will give you a ballpark.