Preventing Arrow Damage

Beendare

WKR
No doubt some of the systems like Bill's above will make the arrow stronger.

I'm just saying I've seen a lot of guys hit the steel rebar in those Mackenzie targets- and have not seen one that spins perfect afterwards. Plus, the steel is round causing the arrow to deflect- no matter what. Now maybe that system can do it- I dunno.

I look at it this way; You are spending a lot of $$ per arrow for a system that has a small chance of something like this happening anyway....then if it doesn't work.......??

My biggest problem is losing arrows.
Last couple hogs I shot with my recurve I never found the arrow as it tunneled into the dirt after passing through...and that's a 45# recurve.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider

Here is some testing of the Black Eagle FOCOS system that shows some testing of being shot into steel, block aluminum and the related damage to the arrow/outsert.

I believe it is a very good system for me personally. Iron Will's should work similar, I just happen to shoot Black Eagle arrows and like to stick with same company components when possible. I also like being able to adjust the vertical/horizontal position of my Iron Will broadheads without having to glue/re-glue. They seem to fly best for me personally when they are position perfectly horizontal or vertical.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
No doubt some of the systems like Bill's above will make the arrow stronger.

I agree......it probably adds some strength to the arrow. But I've also wondered about overall continued true spinning. The way I look at it, I have never had a structural integrity issue with an arrow that hit bone, even heavy bone in an animal, and that's at 70+ lbs and a 32 1/2" draw. And if I have to use special collars to protect an arrow from rocks, rebar, cinder blocks, etc........I'll just shoot less of those. And if and when I do ruin an arrow.........I'll just get more.