Pretty intense hunt…. Video

Scottf270

WKR
I have killed 4 Alaskan -Yukon moose. Two in NWT guided and two in Alaska on unguided drop off hunts. Trips of a lifetime. Really proud of the drop off hunts.

Having said that, those guys are next level. Float hunt, archery hunting, skinning one in the water etc. I got nothing but respect for them.

OP
P
What an amazing hunt. Thanks for taking us along.
Not me!!!!

Just a vid I came across. That right there is more than I’m cut out for. Hat is off to them. Starting trip with 7 mile drag. Dang rapids with two moose. High water. 3 solid rain days. Dead moose in slough. Archery. So many repacks. Also great film. Almost hard to believe. But I’ll believe it and say WELL DONE.

My buddy sent me this one about a week ago telling me we have to put a moose hunt on the books in the next few years. That hunt looked like it sucked and those guys look like they loved it!

OP
P
My buddy sent me this one about a week ago telling me we have to put a moose hunt on the books in the next few years. That hunt looked like it sucked and those guys look like they loved it!
They got to see some real highs, with the struggle, which helps.

I literally just watched that2 days ago. What an awesome hunt! I would love to use my Bow one of these days, but it’s hard for me to put down the rifle on a hunt like that where opportunities are limited in a time crunch.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Awesome adventure! Before I started bowhunting, I never had any desire to do a moose, sheep, or goat hunt. But now I've shot my moose, my sheep, and still waiting on a goat tag. For an Alaska hunt, it would be all about the adventure.....not the moose, for me. Thanks for sharing this.

Jethro

WKR
The one brother is active on Bowsite and did a hunt recap story thread about that trip. It’s a great read if you want to look it up. Titled AK float hunt recap. I don’t want to link another forums thread here.

ColeyG

WKR
Super legit hunt, especially for a couple of warm weather dudes from Hawaii. Despite the easy living climate down there, Hawaii kicks out some certified badasses.

I sent that video to my BIL who lives in Hawaii and who is just getting into bow hunting for Axis down there. Judging by the expletives in his response, I don't think he wants to join me on a moose hunt anytime soon.