Premium Rifel Scope

morzboss

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m 8-12 month out from having my rifle built, and during that time, I’d like to identify glass to sit on top the most expensive purchase i’ve ever made. I hunt in the southwest deserts of Arizona, and will be taking shoots up to 300 yards. A few asks, weight, would like to keep that lower, glass quality is the number one priority, i would prefer a SFP. Nightforce is typically what i run, but was thinking about zeiss(v8) / swaro S&B. Budget is under 4m for the scope. What would you run?

700-223

FNG
Nightforce NXS compact 2.5-10x40. I’ve got one and love it. At a slightly lighter weight, the Leupold VX5 3-15x40 is great. I’ve got a VX6 3-18x50 and would downsize and skip the illumination if I had to do it again. Haven’t owned a Zeiss or S&B myself, but know that Zeiss makes great lightweight scopes given the optical performance they pack in.

OP
M

morzboss

FNG
Classified Approved
Many guys on here think a 600 yard shot at game is child's play. Years ago, I'd send it at 600, but my ability has aged down to 400 yards.
I don’t trust myself at those distances, but maybe this will change with my new rifle! My hunting rifle is at best 1.25 MOA and is a 308. Putting myself in a 7mm reg mag.

KenLee

WKR
I don’t trust myself at those distances, but maybe this will change with my new rifle! My hunting rifle is at best 1.25 MOA and is a 308. Putting myself in a 7mm reg mag.
Shooting half ass on paper is fine if you can shoot the same level of half ass when it counts. I've never been good at punching paper, but I don't lose my mind when I see a shooter buck either. Vitals cover a large area.
I know many half moa paper shooters who gut or leg shoot game at 200 yards.