Pre 64' Whinchester 300HH scope

Tweber

FNG
I have inherited my grandpa's Whinchester 300HH. It currently has a redfield Scope that is just not very clear anymore. I am looking for ideas on a good scope to fit to this rifle. I have quite a few optics on newer aged rifles but am wanting some help on finding the right scope for an older rifle. that wont look odd but still be good optics. I use the Rifle for Moose out to around 250 to 300 yards at most. Any Ideas are appreciated.

Grumman

WKR
Congrats on a neat rifle. I’d call up Pre64win.com and see what they recommend and have on hand. They often stock period correct functional scopes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking at a website called vintagegunscope.com that might be a good source. I just stumble onto it looking for something else and it looks like they have some neat stuff. I like seeing period correct scopes on cool old guns, sounds like you can get get high quality glass in an old body which would be pretty awesome.

Decker9

WKR
I have an older vx3 1.75-6x32 on my pre 64 .375 and seems to suite it well for my 300 yard max range shooting. The 2.5-8x36 would also be on my radar.

I have a VX III 4-14 on my 300h&h and I think it looks perfect. It’s got the varmint reticle and has killed a bunch of stuff. Trying to post a pic but Tapatalk sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk