Practice time

N2TRKYS

WKR
Finally time for me to start practicing for the upcoming season. I haven’t shot my bow since last October. Even though my shooting was terrible, it feels good to get out and start shooting again. My first six arrows of the year were about as bad as I thought they would be. Lol

Here’s the first six arrows of the year. Target was at 30 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_5013.jpeg
    IMG_5013.jpeg
    778.5 KB · Views: 61
I'm in the don't shoot my bow much camp. Maybe 1-3 arrows a week if I'm lucky. If you'v been shooting awhile, and you hold your shots to under 30-40 yds, the majority if not all under 20, well, I hate to break it to you, bows these days aren't that hard to shoot.

Gone are my days of blistered fingers, and still wanting to shoot another arrow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Shooting a compound is like riding a bike. You could take a few years off and have no problems stacking arrows first time out. I guess as long as you could stack arrows to begin with.

I'm in the don't shoot my bow much camp. Maybe 1-3 arrows a week if I'm lucky. If you'v been shooting awhile, and you hold your shots to under 30-40 yds, the majority if not all under 20, well, I hate to break it to you, bows these days aren't that hard to shoot.
there's a big difference between once a week or even a month and once a year lol. it's not so much about the bow as it is the muscles used for archery. kinda hard to retrain muscles in a few weeks, especially if you also have a bow issue like strings stretching. but at least he hit the target lol.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
there's a big difference between once a week or even a month and once a year lol. it's not so much about the bow as it is the muscles used for archery. kinda hard to retrain muscles in a few weeks, especially if you also have a bow issue like strings stretching. but at least he hit the target lol.
Retraining muscles don’t take that long. Since I started practicing earlier than I normally do, it should be just fine. 👍

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I could say that but at 76,I don't have my archery muscles anymore so I have to retrain my bones.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
Arrows you carry but don't plan on using. I was just wondering because of the mismatch in vanes.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
These are practice arrows. I don’t carry these to the woods, but wouldn’t have any worries about them if I did have to.

I’ve tried a few different vanes and confirmed what I already knew. Blazer vanes are hard to best.

Heck, shot through one of them a few shots later. I pulled the arrow out of the vane and shot that arrow. It flew just like it’s supposed to. 👍

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Actually, my first thought when I saw your picture was "looks like my assortment of arrows". Right now in my hunting quiver I have arrows with two different types of vanes on them, but they both hit the same out to 80. One are 3-fletch and the others are 4-fletch with a different vane. Blazers do work very well with BH's, but long term and long range I've just had better consistency with my QS's and Fusion Xii's over any other vane I've tested.