Powerlifting and Backcountry Hunts?

For those of you who are powerlifters and especially those who compete, how do you prep for multiple backcountry hunts every year where cardiovascular endurance can be a challenge?

LaHunter

WKR
Functional weight training is important for getting into 'mountain shape' but improving your stamina / endurance is critical also. I think more important than weight training. If your endurance training is lacking, you will absolutely pay for it in the mountains. You can do weighted pack rucks, stair climber, walk stadiums, run, hike in hills mountains if you live near them, etc. These need to be longer duration, not sprints.

OOSWLC

FNG
olympic weightlifting, not powerlifting... but for this questions what's the difference...

my suggestion is do your meets in the late spring/summer - then switch gears in training for the late summer/fall.

yeah endurance training is important - but you gain endurance considerably faster and easier than you do strength, so you don't need to train it year round.

i'm pretty sure USAPL nationals are in december though, because we've shared venues lots of times.... if that's the case and you're on that level then you'll probably just have to be ok with not being great at either but being ok at both