Post awaiting moderator approval..

Hey y'all,

I'm new to the forum and trying to figure out the lay of the land. Normally if I submit a post on a thread it will be visible immediately, but I noticed that if I include a hyperlink it will appear on the thread but with the message:
" This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is this normal for all hyperlink containing posts? Or is it just because I'm a new guy in my 7 day intro period? I appreciate all of the hard work of the mods (y'all rock!). I don't mind the policy either way and understand that it has a purpose but I'd like to know if it will continue. It can disrupt the flow of conversations when lots of messages are being posted quickly. I'll opt out of posting hyperlinks at times if it's a constant.

Many thanks for any info,
-S

WKR
Hey y'all,

I'm new to the forum and trying to figure out the lay of the land. Normally if I submit a post on a thread it will be visible immediately, but I noticed that if I include a hyperlink it will appear on the thread but with the message:
" This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is this normal for all hyperlink containing posts? Or is it just because I'm a new guy in my 7 day intro period? I appreciate all of the hard work of the mods (y'all rock!). I don't mind the policy either way and understand that it has a purpose but I'd like to know if it will continue. It can disrupt the flow of conversations when lots of messages are being posted quickly. I'll opt out of posting hyperlinks at times if it's a constant.

Many thanks for any info,
-S
It's the complete sentences, coherent thoughts, and accurate punctuation that got you flagged. Be careful with that stuff around these parts.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Alot of times when people post links or hyper links to other websites etc. it triggers a spam warning and we have to approve the post if it's ok. In which yours appears to be, I will be approving it right after i type this etc. this is fairly common on here. Sometimes I log on and there are 3 to 4 of these to approve at any given moment. How fast a mod gets to it depends upon how busy we are and if we are out hunting or not lol

OP
S
It's the complete sentences, coherent thoughts, and accurate punctuation that got you flagged. Be careful with that stuff around these parts.
Don't mind me, fellow human. I'm most certainly not a bot.

Alot of times when people post links or hyper links to other websites etc. it triggers a spam warning and we have to approve the post if it's ok. In which yours appears to be, I will be approving it right after i type this etc. this is fairly common on here. Sometimes I log on and there are 3 to 4 of these to approve at any given moment. How fast a mod gets to it depends upon how busy we are and if we are out hunting or not lol
Thank you for your work as a mod and for the explanation. I will avoid posting hyperlinks unless i think it truly adds to the conversation. No need to make more work. Take care, y'all.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Don't mind me, fellow human. I'm most certainly not a bot.

Thank you for your work as a mod and for the explanation. I will avoid posting hyperlinks unless i think it truly adds to the conversation. No need to make more work. Take care, y'all.
Dont worry about it brother, post what adds to the conversation, that's what the forum exists for,

besides thats @Ryan Avery and @robby denning pays us the big bucks to do is approve posts! True Story....again!!! LOL