Poor man's Zulu6

Came across these and the looks and specs are very similar to the zulu6's at half the price. they normally sell for 799 and are discontinuing for a newer version (kinda like the SIG) Kenko is an China/Philippine OEM manufacturer for other companies and looking on import yeti, SIG does important from Kenko. not positive these are what they are importing from them but everything points to that. Plus a good return policy if they suck. Amazon also has non waterproof versions for 380

1000004328.png

Last edited:
OP
E
I received these about a week ago they came directly from Japan. They're great, I would love to have them side by side with the sigs. The patent on these is the same one as the one sig lists for the Zulu 9.395.551 so I still suspect these are mostly the same.
Glass is plenty good, IS works amazing. Like the SIG the FOV is small

180ls1

WKR
Do they have the super stable mode if you flip it twice? Also, what do they weigh?

OP
E
Do they have the super stable mode if you flip it twice? Also, what do they weigh?
No they do not have the super stable mode, the Sigs before the current model didn't have that either. They are 1lb 3oz on my scale. There are multiple brands of the same binoculars out there, SIG, kite, opticron, alpen and these kenkos. They probably have slightly different coatings but I'd be willing to bet they are all from the same factory. Sig 100% imports binoculars from Kenko per their bill of lading https://www.importyeti.com/supplier/philippine-kenko

180ls1

WKR
No they do not have the super stable mode, the Sigs before the current model didn't have that either. They are 1lb 3oz on my scale. There are multiple brands of the same binoculars out there, SIG, kite, opticron, alpen and these kenkos. They probably have slightly different coatings but I'd be willing to bet they are all from the same factory. Sig 100% imports binoculars from Kenko per their bill of lading https://www.importyeti.com/supplier/philippine-kenko

Dang. That's pretty cool you figured that out.

I assume they have some non-compete agreement on the newer models which is why we don't see Kenko selling those?

OP
E
Dang. That's pretty cool you figured that out.

I assume they have some non-compete agreement on the newer models which is why we don't see Kenko selling those?
They actually have the newer ones out with 2 stabilization settings (theirs actually auto detect when stopped and when panning) but they are over 700. I shared these because they are on sale for 400 bucks. Here's the newer ones but at that price I'd spring for the Sigs for resale value alone https://a.co/d/fjXw18z

Like I said I didn't compare these to the Sigs and the Sigs might be way better. I just shared these as a cheaper option thats still waterproof and has worked great for me for a couple weeks now.