Podcasts, why do you listen

Why do you listen to podcasts?

• Information (cut the BS'ing out completely)

• Entertainment (could care less about information quality)

• Primarily information, but also entertainment (BS'ing is ok, but overall I want information)

• Prmarily entertainment, but also for information (BS'ing is great, just have something useful too)

• What's a podcast?

Results are only viewable after voting.

fwafwow

WKR
I’m with the OP. My favorite is System Update with Glenn Greenwald. And while I listen at double speed, I still FF when he starts to repeat a point. I don’t have patience to listen to fluff.

PMcGee

WKR
I sit in a bulldozer for 10 hours a day so when I’m sick of listening to music I’ll throw on a podcast. I don’t mind the bullshitting ones. Tundra talk is one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

def90

WKR
The radio stations here in Denver suck so what are you going to do?

There are over 5 million podcasts out there, you have to test a lot of them to know which ones are worth keeping up with.

Some I listen to for entertainment such as a number of comedians podcasts, others I listen to for the info, some I listen to for current events/news.

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
For me, It's hard to listen to hunting podcasts anymore. There's only so many ways podcasters can spin doing basically the same thing to kill an animal.

Until recently the only one I ever listened to (& paid for it) was Rush Limbaugh
I mainly listen to them when I'm mowing but anything over 30 ish minutes & I'm out.
Prime example: Blue Collar Elk Hunting. Pretty much a bunch of guys sitting around talking to each other for 2+ hours & only about 15 minutes of information

gabenzeke

WKR
My son plays hockey (currently for 4 teams). Spend a LOT of time driving. Podcasts help with the drives. Listen to them when not on calls at work or while mowing or gardening too. Basically any mundane task I'm either doing it in silence or listening to a podcast. Usually learning something.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
For me, It's hard to listen to hunting podcasts anymore. There's only so many ways podcasters can spin doing basically the same thing to kill an animal.

I’m with you on that. I know too much about hunting already for it to be particularly interesting subject for a podcast. And, By the time someone does 1 season of a hunting podcast, you’ve already heard their best ideas, stories and advice. For podcasts, I’m more interested in subject matters I’m less knowledgeable about.

pbroski

Lil-Rokslider
So, I find outside of professional topics (medicine for me), most podcasts are annoying. This is because I want information, I don't want to listen too people bull shitting.

I think most people are after the entertainment value, so I'm curious on the pole.
If you find bull shitting annoying, congratulations you just might be a Sigma.

Doesn’t bother me when he speaks. The content of what he says and speaks about out ways the vocal disability that he has zero control over. I don’t agree with with everything he says or all of his policies, but, I’m 100% with him on a lot. He says out loud what most are afraid to say. I respect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDT1982

FNG
I tend to have a rotation- couple of rest is history or hardcore history, couple of s2h or hunt backcountry, couple of JRE, and repeat

Maverick1

WKR
I don’t listen to podcasts. Have better things to do. And, the few times I have listened to podcasts, it seemed like the first 5-10 minutes were all along the lines of advertising to fund the sponsors of the podcasts with similar crap language like “click” - “like” - “subscribe” - “sign up with your email” - and - “we will send you a discount or promotion code” - blah, blah, blah. No, thanks.

def90

WKR
I don’t listen to podcasts. Have better things to do. And, the few times I have listened to podcasts, it seemed like the first 5-10 minutes were all along the lines of advertising to fund the sponsors of the podcasts with similar crap language like “click” - “like” - “subscribe” - “sign up with your email” - and - “we will send you a discount or promotion code” - blah, blah, blah. No, thanks.

There is a skip forward button you know..

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Information mostly. S2H has to much fluff.
I hate weird intros as well. Keep them short and very simple.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
If you find bull shitting annoying, congratulations you just might be a Sigma.
I had to look up what a Sigma was. I had to laugh and read the Wikipedia definition to my wife. The shoe fits.

Maverick1

WKR
There is a skip forward button you know..
Yes, there is a forward feature…which can be used - but those same type of ads are repeatedly sprinkled throughout each podcast ad nauseam. So I just skip podcasts all together, avoids the annoyance.