Pocketed Cargo Panel

This is my latest project. I made a version of Kifarus cargo panel with one large pocket and no PALS webbing. I'm gonna call it the pocketed cargo panel (PCP).

When I run the cargo panel I usually only run it with a tactical tailor butt pack attched via molle. It was kinda floppy and i never used all the space so it was a little overkill. This pocket is fairly large and will fit most of my day hunt items, I would guess somewhere in the area of 500-700 ci.

The materials used were:
1000d cordura cotoye brown
Blaze orange ripstop nylon
5mm coil zipper
1 inch grosgrain
1 inch nylon webbing 55301
#69 bonded nylon thread

Here it is next to the original. I chose to make it a little shorter and thinner, since I wasn't limited by pals dimesnsions.

Here is it mounted on my diy 23" duplex.

I added some webbing loops to compress when running empty.

Here is a close up of the loops.

Inside is slick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Very cool! Where do you buy materials? Zippers and buckles?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The 1000d I ordered off of ebay.
The webbing, grosgrain, and thread I got from rockywoods.
The blaze ripstop and zipper I got from Joann fabrics.
The buckles came with the original cargo panel.

I have a cargo panel on a bikini and I'm thinking about doing something very similar. I would prefer the pocket be on the inside so I can use the current system to compress the load. I need to hang a water blatter, kill kit, and other assorted items for hunt mode. Camp zstuff can be packed into a separate bag. I might be missing something but I don't see the use of carrying a huge loaded bag around all day when a cargo panel will hold all the little things needed

What kind of welder did you use?

Nice, I'm thinking of doing something like this to carry a tree stand and and steps for public land whitetails I hunt. This will definitely help fuel my inspiration.

I have a cargo panel on a bikini and I'm thinking about doing something very similar. I would prefer the pocket be on the inside so I can use the current system to compress the load. I need to hang a water blatter, kill kit, and other assorted items for hunt mode. Camp zstuff can be packed into a separate bag. I might be missing something but I don't see the use of carrying a huge loaded bag around all day when a cargo panel will hold all the little things needed

What kind of welder did you use?
It's funny that you call it a welder. I was a welder prior to joining the military and I was relaying to my wife the other day that sewing is like welding with fabric.

Any, I have two machines. I have a 1930 Singer model 66-16, it's a straight stitch only machine and right now I am having trouble with the bobbin tension.

The other is a kenmore rotary machine made by White. It's throws a pretty good stitch and like the singer it's straight stitch only, but it has a reverse feature which is very useful for locking in a stitch.

Both were found on craiglist for under $100.

Where do you guys get fabric, I've looked at Joann's and they just have Marpat, not sure of the weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That's pretty cheap.

I just finished laying carpet in a room in my basement. My wife wanted a sewing/project room where she can work on "my" stuff and not worry about it being in the way.
bd4ece5c3c9b5845b72be32cd4066fa9.jpg

fa8015c7b1467824f34e757c98383118.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back