PLUSS PEE

85zero17

FNG
Mornin boys

picked up a new nevr fired
Christensen ELR .338LM with fresh Lapua brass.

Looking to see if anyone could speak from experience to whether or not this particular rifle & chambering will be able to take advantage of a +P treatment. Save me some components in terms of finding pressure and seeing how much case capacity if left over running a 300 Berger @ mag or less length.

Thnx

B23

WKR
If you're looking for a real performance gain and since this is a new unfired rifle with a zero milage barrel I would think about sending it to Shawn at Defensive Edge and have him rechamber it to his 338 Terminator (DE's version of a 338 Lapua Improved) then have him +P the throat. I'd also have a Wyatt's extended mag box installed. Rechambering your barrel and adding an extended mag box would be easy peasy jobs for them.

The 338 Terminator in your barrel length would send the 300's in the 3000-3100fps range and Shawn has dies as well as formed ADG 338 Terminator brass on hand so you wouldn't need to fireform your own brass, unless you wanted to. Also, DE would be able to get you real close on load data right out of the gate.

I don't know that you'd be all that impressed and think it was worth it if all you did was +P a standard 338 Lapua. Improving the 338 Lapua case offers a pretty significant bump in velocity over the standard 338 Lapua and the 338 Lap Imp is a very forgiving cartridge that is extremely easy to load for because it has such a wide sweet spot.

OP

85zero17

FNG
If you're looking for a real performance gain and since this is a new unfired rifle with a zero milage barrel I would think about sending it to Shawn at Defensive Edge and have him rechamber it to his 338 Terminator (DE's version of a 338 Lapua Improved) then have him +P the throat. I'd also have a Wyatt's extended mag box installed. Rechambering your barrel and adding an extended mag box would be easy peasy jobs for them.

The 338 Terminator in your barrel length would send the 300's in the 3000-3100fps range and Shawn has dies as well as formed ADG 338 Terminator brass on hand so you wouldn't need to fireform your own brass, unless you wanted to. Also, DE would be able to get you real close on load data right out of the gate.

I don't know that you'd be all that impressed and think it was worth it if all you did was +P a standard 338 Lapua. Improving the 338 Lapua case offers a pretty significant bump in velocity over the standard 338 Lapua and the 338 Lap Imp is a very forgiving cartridge that is extremely easy to load for because it has such a wide sweet spot.
Appreciate the response, though I don’t think I’m looking for a complete rechambering

As I mentioned I already have brass and dies etc. just looking to see if anyone was familiar with these particulars.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I would not +P a standard Lapua. The ones(3) I have seen done had minimal velocity gain.

OP

85zero17

FNG
I would not +P a standard Lapua. The ones(3) I have seen done had minimal velocity gain.
Juice not worth the squeeze…..Copy that.

Figured some one would have dealt with it, I know a pile of these rifles went out so.

Just gonna let it be what it is then, that’s why I snagged it anyways I suppose. It is what it is

Thnx Ryan

On another note, you ever seen the slim carbon mag come with one of these?
Oe From CA

Odd little thing….quieter and smaller than the tin can, but not sure of the durability or longevity