Plantation Quail hunt Ideas

Ohio3561

FNG
I did a search and didn’t find much of what I was looking for. My buddy and I want to extend the hunting season some and looking for a plantation/lodge to hunt some quail. Just a few days/long weekend getaway type deal.

We have our own dogs and all the gear. Mainly interested in lodging and a place to run the dogs. Understand if it’s a put and take situation. Most preserves around here have small fields and cover gets beat and bird supply dwindles towards the end of the year.

We are in Ohio and looking to head south. 8-12 hour drive time. Open to all suggestions but the full mule drawn wagon experience out of the budget most likely.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions

92xj

WKR
Southwind plantation Georgia.
It’s high money, high class, fancy man’s hunting. I’ve never been but have an uncle and two cousins who pretty much live there.

Backwoods quail club outside of Georgetown SC. Been there and killed more quail than I can count. Hints were fun but have no idea of their whole experience, we have a house and family there so always stayed at our place. Not even sure they do lodging.

Loper

WKR
I’ve hunted at Southern Woods Plantation in GA. I was pleased and would go back. The hunts and lodging was good and the cost was reasonable. I don’t know if they’d let you bring your own dogs, but it is worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O

Ohio3561

FNG
Thanks for the suggestions gentleman. I’ll start exploring the options

Scottf270

WKR
A little off base to your question, but here in Missouri I got a "hobby trainer" permit for next to nothing. I built a pen that holds about 50 quail. I take them to a friend's property and simulate a hunt. Works great for additional hunt time late in the season. Just a thought.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
You might also look into Ames Plantation in Grand Junction, TN. I'm not sure if you have to be a club member, but would be worth looking into.