Planning for mtn lion hunt

Wanting to do a few mtn lion hunts and am wondering if anyone can help with what would be my top states to go after one. What states are over the counter and what states do I need to start taking preference points? Live in wisconsin so would be non-resident.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Scottf270

WKR
I will suggest in no particular order, just through word of mouth.....
1. Tyler Bowler in Utah
2. Biggerstaff in Colorado, Utah
3. Pinnacle outfitters in New Mexico
4. Ridge Track Outfitters in Colorado ( buddy has hunted with them)

wytx

WKR
I will suggest in no particular order, just through word of mouth.....
1. Tyler Bowler in Utah
2. Biggerstaff in Colorado, Utah
3. Pinnacle outfitters in New Mexico
4. Ridge Track Outfitters in Colorado ( buddy has hunted with them)
I know Craig ( Ridge Track) and his family from way back, took my cat with them a long time ago.
Shaymus Wyman in Laramie is also good on lions.

DHoover

FNG
You've probably seen my other post. Went with Tyler Bowler a few weeks ago. Had a fantastic time. He hunts Utah, Nevada and Arizona. Never hunted with a harder working outfitter. His love and care for his dogs is incredible to see and be a part of.

CBar

FNG
Wyoming has an over the counter tag that runs through the end of the calendar year. Our lion season in most of the state ends March 31. Check out Jake Keehn of Twin Peaks Outfitters in Auburn, WY.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Utah. They just made hunting cats no different than hunting coyotes. If the houndsmen don't get the governor to veto it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NM mountain Licenses are OTC. You are however, require to obtain a cougar ID. Take the test online and pass it and you’ll get an ID. Then snag an outfitter with hounds.

Last edited:

WBrim

WKR
Utah. They just made hunting cats no different than hunting coyotes. If the houndsmen don't get the governor to veto it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’ve been watching for anyone talking about this. Interesting to see how it plays out. If it doesn’t get vetoed, it looks like all year season, no clear restrictions, huh? I wonder how that factors in with guys banking LE points.