Planning a Mountian Lion Hunt and Have a Few Questions

Arcola

FNG
Dry ground would be really cool to watch the dogs work but there’s something pretty special about deep snow and cold in the mountains. Breaking trail with the trucks and the feeling of the hunt as it ebbs and flows with the weather.

Snow definitely increases your chances of success. It holds the scent for the hounds far better than dry ground.
It also gives you a chance to see the size of the cat you are considering chasing. Experienced houndsmen know how big a cat is by its track.
If you can shoot a pistol well enough to hit a 6 inch plate at 30 yards, carry the pistol. I've been under the tree enough times to tell you that anything bigger and bulkier is just more crap to carry and break when you are slipping and falling on steep icy hillsides.
Decide ahead of time what your standards will be... Any adult representative cat? Odds are pretty good in a good area with good weather. A 150 lb tom? You will probably make many trips. They are out there, but it's kind of like the proverbial 30" mule deer buck.
And get in shape... Running around after hounds in the mountains in dead of winter is way tougher than fall deer, elk, sheep or goat hunting. I personally think it can be the most physically demanding hunting in the lower 48. (And then sometimes the hounds get a fresh hot track and the chase is over in a quarter mile...but don't count on that.)
I can't comment on outiftters. No experience with them...