Places to find used Decked truck bed drawers?

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wanting to get some Decked drawer system for my truck but I cannot get myself to pay new prices.. I'm hard on my stuff. Everyone says how much they love them and I have a lot of trips it would be really nice to have.

Anyone know of anywhere else to look for a used set besides facebook and on here?
Hard to find the one that fits my truck & year, I have a 2015 F150 short bed - on that note? anyone retrofitted them for in un-perfect match?

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
1679110247283.png
Not sure how handy you are but if you can’t afford to pay full price for the decked you might try building your own. I built these for my truck. 3 years going strong and they get a lot of heavy use as I’m a builder and they are always full of lots of tools

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll check out Craigslist!

Those drawers look great! Definitely not opposed to building some, my thought was if i built I’d still be in at least a few hundred plus time. If i could find a good deal on decked I’d skip the time and pay a bit more.

Not ruling that out yet

I just bought a used Decked package a couple weeks ago for my 2012 F150, took about 4 months for one to pop up, but got it for $850, the best places I found were FB Marketplace and Craigslist

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a used Decked package a couple weeks ago for my 2012 F150, took about 4 months for one to pop up, but got it for $850, the best places I found were FB Marketplace and Craigslist
That’s what I’m thinking I’ll have to do. Just keep an eye on both. Thanks!

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
i put my used decked system in the dumpster..Theyre probably okay for a truck with a topper not so much with an open bed truck that gets used in the trades.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
i put my used decked system in the dumpster..Theyre probably okay for a truck with a topper not so much with an open bed truck that gets used in the trades.
Maybe I’ll find someone that wants to throw it in the dumpster… that’d be too lucky.

I would use mine under my topper and not in trades. Seems like it’d work well for me

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of great ideas in here if you decide to build one. My build is on page 3 and is going on 4 years now. So far I’ve been extremely happy with it.

RAPTOR

WKR
Facebook marketplace. Most guys buy them and see how much bed space they lose and sell them (I'm one of them). I went to a cap pack sport a while ago, and likely won't go back to a decked.

mflo

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I bought my decked system used off one of the forums for Toyota Tacomas. Also check out Offer-Up... depending on where you live it might be a lot more active than craigslist.

My wife got me one for Christmas and her dad put it in without me knowing. It’s nice but I goose hunt a lot and am now limited in the number of decoys I can cram in with the camper shell on.

If I’m not setting or pulling a spread I’m happy with it but I could take it or leave it for sure. I do know I carry way more ‘just in case’ type crap with me all the time. Maybe one day that extra stuff will come in handy.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good ideas here, thanks.

I'll take a look at the cap pack sport, that looks sweet.

andyaz

FNG
100% this, decked is trash, spend a day fab something up yourself. you lose a lot of bed depth too, keep that in mind, easier for ppl to see and steal and things to fly out.

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I’ll find someone that wants to throw it in the dumpster… that’d be too lucky.

I would use mine under my topper and not in trades. Seems like it’d work well for me
good luck getting a loaded cooler on top of it or a kennel in the topper. Build one out of stainless. You’ll be money ahead in the long run and it’ll be way nicer. Trust me.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Figured I’d update this.

Found one that I thought was cheap enough to give it a try.. $125. Fair enough shape, needed a little trimming to get it to fit but drawers worked good. Got it mounted in the bed. I don’t think getting a cooler on top is an issue but my dogs kennel doesn’t fit over it… kicking myself for not listening to you.

Traveling around this summer it will work fine while my dog rides in her box in the cab. It will be gone by the pheasant opener.

Last edited:

tuffcity

WKR
If you have enough height for the dog but can't get a standard dog box in a solution might be to custom build one out of ply wood. If you do a "barn roof" style it might slide in sideways then be able to tip it up right. A simple cardboard one dimensional front mock up will show if this is doable.

Back when our kids were younger we had a suburban as the family vehicle and I built a custom box for the back but had to slant the the front to accommodate the hatch closing. That was for a big GSP.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
If you have enough height for the dog but can't get a standard dog box in a solution might be to custom build one out of ply wood. If you do a "barn roof" style it might slide in sideways then be able to tip it up right. A simple cardboard one dimensional front mock up will show if this is doable.

Back when our kids were younger we had a suburban as the family vehicle and I built a custom box for the back but had to slant the the front to accommodate the hatch closing. That was for a big GSP.

I'm sure I could get something to work. Not sure I like the drawers enough to take the effort to do so.