Pinnacle Foods mini review

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since discovering Peak Refuel about five years ago or so, I quit trying any other brands. They tasted great and were calorie rich (protein too). Recently someone mentioned Pinnacle Foods and thought I'd give them a try (partly because they started in Montana :)).

I took two of their suppers with me on the Bob Marshall Open this year. Italian Sausage & Pasta and Chipolte Beef Burrito Bowl. They were both awesome! The calories are a little lower than Peak—700-is vs 900-ish; protein is pretty on par (40-ish grams). Pinnacles meals are little lighter- which probably accounts for the slight difference in calories.

Recently went on a backpacking trip with my wife and brought Pinnacle's Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuit & Gravy for breakfast. It was also awesome as well.

I haven't given up on Peak as they are good tasting (and calorie/protein rich), but am definitely going to be ordering more Pinnacle meals to mix in. Hoping the other entree's are as good as the two I tried :)

Ive been eating both Peak and Pinnacle for years and Pinnacle meals are always good and (in my humble opinion) are far superior to Peak (specifically the taste of the meals).

TX_Diver

WKR
I'm halfway through trying a few different freeze dried options (Peak, Pinnacle, Heathers Choice, and MH) as it's been years since I've eaten any.

Will post up my thoughts after I've tried them all but I agree that Pinnacle was pretty good. I could actually identify the different ingredients when I looked in the bag which was nice lol.

I'm a Pinnacle fan. I think their taste beats the Peak by a little. I've got some others I haven't tried yet but the jalapeno cheddar biscuits and gravy and the creamy Tuscan chicken and penne were both great. I think my favorite so far is the roasted chicken and white cheddar dumplings. Texture was great and was a great portion size.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
any codes or sales on pinnacle going or coming up?

You might email them, thought there was a first order code????

There meals are spendy; Peak are spendy too, but with a little patience can always find it on sale- not so much with Pinnacle.

I'm with you. After I found Peak I really didn't think I'd look at any othersbut... I've picked up both The Jalapeno B & G and also The Italian Sausage & Tomato pasta. Looking forward to try them.

TX_Diver

WKR
Gohunt has a limited selection for pinnacle, but they do have 25% off the 3 flavors they do have. Grabbed a bunch of pinnacle and peak (also on sale) to eat this year.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gohunt has a limited selection for pinnacle, but they do have 25% off the 3 flavors they do have. Grabbed a bunch of pinnacle and peak (also on sale) to eat this year.

I bit and ordered a few more; glad freeze dried keeps a long time :ROFLMAO:

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Peak biscuits and gravy is good, you have to break up the biscuits; a lot of folks miss that in the directions

I thought their breakfast scramble was pretty good, but not great. The Pinnacle biscuit & gravy is good too, maybe a little better than the Peak

I have the Pinnacle egg scramble coming, we’ll see.

I don’t know on the other manufacturers; I’ve been pretty straight Peak up to now.