Pine Valley Utah Deer

Thought I would see if anyone had some advice on this hunt? My last request off of this site proved very valuable so I thought so would try again.

I have the archery deer tag for Aug/Sept. I have been done several times and will be back next week. It’s kind of been hit or miss with some of the areas. Wondering if someone who has hunted it in the past or who has the tag now would be willing to chat about their experience. PM me if you are interested.

The unit has a good deer population and you can really find them all over in the national forest boundaries.

it Seems like a hot dry desert but i would still put feed before water because there’s a lot of hidden water pockets only the deer seem to know about. They’ll gravitate towards the water but I wouldn’t stress about water because really it’s almost everywhere down there. Everywhere you find good green food you’ll find deer even if you don’t think there’s water for miles. It gets me excited just thinking about all the great bucks I found down there. Good luck man! And I might suggest some snake boots I had way too many rattlesnakes at my ankles than I’m comfortable with I almost stepped on one every night of the last week.

mickeyelk

FNG
Thought I would see if anyone had some advice on this hunt? My last request off of this site proved very valuable so I thought so would try again.

I have the archery deer tag for Aug/Sept. I have been done several times and will be back next week. It’s kind of been hit or miss with some of the areas. Wondering if someone who has hunted it in the past or who has the tag now would be willing to chat about their experience. PM me if you are interested.
I've hunted that area for many years. A good area is OX valley south of Enterprise. Also around Enterprise Res. North of the town of Pinto. Good luck

tmorg27

FNG
I can give you a few areas to take a look at. They have held some good deer in the past pm me and I'll give you my number.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nsa4ever

FNG
I also have this unit, Pine Valley archery. Any advice for areas to scout would be greatly appreciated. I will have time during the middle of the week the entire hunt to avoid crowds. I like to get out, glass, spot and stalk. This will be my first time hunting deer in this area. I usually hunt around Brian Head but looking to change things up. Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have this unit, Pine Valley archery. Any advice for areas to scout would be greatly appreciated. I will have time during the middle of the week the entire hunt to avoid crowds. I like to get out, glass, spot and stalk. This will be my first time hunting deer in this area. I usually hunt around Brian Head but looking to change things up. Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m out here in Pine Valley right now for my last day hunting this season. It’s been tough. I’m over by New Castle. It’s been frustrating and haven’t seen the number of bucks I’m used to here. It’s been a super dry summer, so I’m trying to focus more on hunting water. The mountain lion population must be out of control because 2 or the last 3 weekends I’ve spotted a lion where I’m hunting. How has the hunt been for you? I’d like to hear someone else’s experiences as well.

I think I replied this same comment to another reply on here, but I meant to post as a reply to the original post. Anyway, I’m out here in Pine Valley right now for my last day hunting mule deer this season. It’s been tough. I’m over by New Castle the last few days. It’s been frustrating and haven’t seen the number of bucks I’m used to here. It’s been a super dry summer, so I’m trying to focus more on hunting water. The mountain lion population must be out of control because 2 or the last 3 weekends I’ve spotted a lion where I’m hunting! Last year I saw one creeping just casually off the side of the road. How has the hunt been for you? I’d like to hear others experiences in this area this year as well.

Bsevans5

FNG
How did the hunt end up for you last year? I scouted before the archery hunt started this year and found some good bucks. Went out opening morning. First spot was ruined by a hunter walking out in the open through the clearing I had glassed 4 bucks a few days before. Second spot didnt yield much. Went back this morning in the middle of the week. As I suspected, I didnt see another hunter, but also didnt see a single buck. Trying to decide if I go back again or try a new spot. I just dont know where I'd go. I've been on the northwest part of bumblebee.