Picatinny rail

Sunspot

WKR
So I put one on a rifle and my bullets are wayyyyyy low to where I can't even dial it up enough (bottom of paper).. I thought I put it on right with the thicker end towards rear. Should it be reversed?

Attachments

• pccy.jpg
    pccy.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 40
So I put one on a rifle and my bullets are wayyyyyy low to where I can't even dial it up enough (bottom of paper).. I thought I put it on right with the thicker end towards rear. Should it be reversed?

That sucks man! And yes thicker end on the back. Is it a 0 MOA base? If it is I'd look at picking up a 20 or 40 MOA base. What's the brand of scope base? I have a 20 MOA seekins base that just came in the other day for a Rem700 long action if you're interested.

Mike

OP
Sunspot

Sunspot

WKR
Swaro Z3 4-12x50 BRH on a Rem 700 XCR 7mm Rem Mag. This just seems odd.

OP
Sunspot

Sunspot

WKR
I do have a set of medium height rings but you would think a 0MOA would be fine.

It's not that uncommon to have this issue with a 0MOA base. I wouldn't go with higher rings you'd likely hurt your shooting by forcing your cheek weld higher. Return or swap that base for a 20MOA one and call it good. If you want a seekins I have one in stock...

Mike

OP
Sunspot

Sunspot

WKR
Thanks for the rail and it did the job. After breaking in the barrel, I got sub-MOA using factory ammo with a 20mph crosswind last night...very happy.