Photography- one photo a day

charvey9

WKR
I'd like to claim we went shed hunting today, but since I've never found a shed in my life....we'll call it spring bear scouting and/or pre-pre-preseason late season blacktail scouting. Seriously though, when I drew a tag up here last spring I had to snow shoe 4 miles in at the end of March just to get a look. There was still 5+ feet of snow at this spot a year ago. Going to be a dry year for Oregon.

gmajor

WKR
I'd like to claim we went shed hunting today, but since I've never found a shed in my life....we'll call it spring bear scouting and/or pre-pre-preseason late season blacktail scouting. Seriously though, when I drew a tag up here last spring I had to snow shoe 4 miles in at the end of March just to get a look. There was still 5+ feet of snow at this spot a year ago. Going to be a dry year for Oregon.

Ha, that's funny. I'm going up into the trinities to check out a spot I want to hit for fall bear this year. Not sure how to justify it in hunting terms without sounding foolish. I guess I just think it will hold food sources later than other areas and I want to figure out the good glassing spots. Plus I just really want to get in the mountains.

OP
Backpack Hunter
DSC04468.jpg

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great photo of you and your buddy Harvey! My buddy keeps asking when we get to get out and I keep telling him a few more weeks until the knee is ready..