Photography- one photo a day

OP
Backpack Hunter
P1050488.jpg

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
silly I was on this day...the things we do to find antlers...many hours digging and cussing versus hiking

silly I was on this day...the things we do to find antlers...many hours digging and cussing versus hiking

Ross, How do you like your FJ? I drive a Tacoma but begged my wife to drive the FJ. I told her I would buy it anyway she wanted if she would give up her car. "NO WAY" was her answer :-(

I love that little rig !

DWinVA

WKR
I have to jump in again with a FJ. Mine is an 07 with just over 100,000 miles on it. Can't say enough good things about it. Still running the original brakes (6 spd manual). God Bless.

In the Smokies a few years ago....

DSCF0420.jpg

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The FJ Is a great rig and one like all Toyotas that you seldom have to do anything with. 82 k and 8 yrs old and wont be getting rid of anytime soon. Blacked it out last year and we got it after two big labs made it tough in our prior Jeep. The Jeep was very fun, especially in the woods and was much easier to dig out, but definitely did not have the capacity of the FJ. sometimes I have to pry it out of the wifes hands:) the only thing to be aware of with these rigs is the very bad blind spots.

Clarktar

WKR
Dang Ross. Are you finding these antlers already? I went out the past two days, and didn't find any. The elk I saw (and deer) still had both horns. Maybe I am early around here.

Just read that a few bears have now come out of hibernation. About 1 month early.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was my sale two yrs ago:) the antlers will start falling a little over 30 days from now in this area....