Phone Skope / Rokform fit.

nphunter

WKR
I was skeptical of the fit of the phone skope adapter on my spotter. I feel like over time the phone scope adapter was going to wear out my rubber eyepiece on my Meostar S2. Once on the fit is tight and nothing is moving but it was defiantly a tight fit, the rubber eyepiece is slightly larger that the eye cup on the spotter. I decided to sand out the adapter slightly and added a couple of wraps of masking tape to the eye cup to protect it. This also allowed a snug fit so that the phone will set level without spinning on the eyepiece.

I went back and forth with all the phone adapters and IMO none are perfect, I don’t like the cheesy phone skope case and don’t want anything permanently attached to my spotter since I spend hours behind it each day on most hunts. I have a Rokform case I really like with dual magnets in it, originally I was going to modify my phone skope case to just be an eyepiece with a steel strip to stick my phone too. I didn’t want to totally ruin my phone skope kit since it’s new but knew I wouldn’t use it if I have to pull my phone out of the case to take pictures each time. When I started to pull the case apart I found out my Rokform case fits perfectly inside of the phone skope case as a press fit with the rubber corners out. This will work out good for now, no silly case on my phone and no adapter permanently on my spotter.

In the future I plan to build a couple of cheap adapters to work with my Rokform phone case. Essentially I’ll just take a pvc fitting or UHMW turned to fit my eyepiece, epoxy on a small piece of steel for the magnets already in my phone case to stick to. This IMO would be the best of both worlds, a person could have a great phone case, Rokform and a quick easy way to use it as a cam adapter.

Anyway here’s how the current one is working.

88299441-1634-48AC-8A63-F5A0C5A174D0.jpeg

89B777F9-F220-4F38-B62D-24C39B321428.jpeg

D6823B62-E621-478B-9122-CB725C074AE0.jpeg

Last edited: