Phone GPS vs Watch GPS

Hi, first post.

Trying to understand if there is a difference in GPS gadgets, or if they're largely the same. My primary concern is accuracy of specific points, not concerned with navigating roads or trails. I mark tree stands for whitetail hunting as well shoals in lakes for walleye fishing.

I have a Google Pixel 6 phone and a Garmin Forerunner 945 GPS watch. Both have GPS, GLONASS, and GALILEO. While the Pixel 6 has some additional networks. To make it more complicated, I'm in the market for a handheld Garmin GPS (for inReach capabilities), which is more or less what started the research.

Are all modern GPS gadgets equal as far as GPS accuracy goes? Is there something else I should be considering?

madgrad02

WKR
I would say for general GPS, not much difference, but using apps like OnX make my phone much more valuable for that purpose. For tagging general areas (i.e. treestands or fishing hot spots as you mentioned) either in my opinion would work - for venturing outside known areas, hunting new spots on the fly, I would go with a phone with OnX (or insert whatever app you would choose).