Phelps Unrivaled bugle tube

TauPhi111

WKR
Anyone running this new tube? If so, thoughts? I like that it is so compact and light, but can it hang with the standard size tubes in effectiveness?

bmart2622

WKR
I have one and its awesome. I dont have the big Phelps one but I do have a Bugling Bull one and it produces just as good of sound. There are some comparison videos floating around somewhere.

Squirrels

WKR
I had the big one and sold it after I got the unrivaled. The weight and size was to good to pass up, not enough difference to matter. You lose a tad bit of depth IMO but not enough to matter.

I had the big one and sold it after I got the unrivaled. The weight and size was to good to pass up, not enough difference to matter. You lose a tad bit of depth IMO but not enough to matter.
I think I am going to use this one this year

I used the Unrivaled last year and really like how compact it is with surprisingly decent acoustics. I have 2 other full sized tubes but they've been relegated to backup status.

ElkNut1

WKR
Regardless of your choice of Bugle just make sure you have one & know how to use it, they're money on Sept. & Oct elk hunts! I wouldn't have taken near the bulls I have if it weren't for my Bull Sounds! Practice, practice, practice, good luck!

ElkNut

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
I have pretty much every bugle tube on the market and I find that I keep going back to the big phelps tube.I just think it sounds the best and the weight difference is minimal between all of them.

87TT

WKR
I made a scabbard/quiver for my "big" tube. Attaches to the side of my pack. Don't even know it's there but can deploy it and return it without taking my eyes off where the elk are.