Petzl Nao

cmeier117

WKR
Anyone heard of the new headlamp coming out? Think it would be useful for hiking in and out at night? Doing camp chores and or bloodtrailing? Youtube it and see what it is if you haven't heard. But it uses reflective light technology so it automatically adjusts the light for when you look at your map or looking across a canyon. At $175 I will probably stick with my petzl tika xp and Feniz hp11 but just curious if you guys think this would be useful.

slim9300

WKR
Looks like a great idea. I don't think it's ideal for an ultralight minded hunter for a few reasons, but it's certainly cool.

[video=youtube;FZb3k_x067w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZb3k_x067w&feature=youtube_gdata_player [/video]

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Ya I already have a powertraveller solar charger and am getting one of their power cells so power won't be an issue but your right it would be extra weight. I think it can use AAA batteries as well. Thanks for putting the video in. I couldn't figure it out.

dotman

WKR
Seriously the black diamond icon 200 lumen is an amazing deal at $80. If you want good light I would look at this before dropping $175.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Seriously the black diamond icon 200 lumen is an amazing deal at $80. If you want good light I would look at this before dropping $175.

Oh trust me I am not dropping $175 for a light!! ;) Let's make that clear. I am covered on lights just curious if anyone thought it would be good function wise for the hunter. Slim's point on weight is my concern.

I like my Petzl e+lite. For the weight it seems to work well. 28 g, max battery life up to 45 hours. I'm ok hitting a switch to change the light intensity or direction on my e+lite. If the NAO is $175 it's also another reason for me to stick to what I have now. That's a pretty steep price for a headlight.

The NAO looks pretty high tech for a headlamp with that hands free, reactive, self adjusting lighting. 187 g is a bit more heavy than what I have but for someone who wants that no hands feature I guess it could be a nice option to have.