Petrel Ultralight Pot with heat exchanger 600ml

It works great with my BRS 2000 Titanium stove. I cut the handle off and use a Jetboil neoprene sleeve over the top.

Do you have any pics of your setup? And do you have a total weight on everything after cutting off the handle and adding the neoprene sleeve?

Hows well does it work in the wind?

Been eyeing one. Should pair up well with my PR deluxe and perform better than my Toaks pot. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on one pretty soon to use for this upcoming spring bear hunt.

Drenalin

WKR.
It works great with my BRS 2000 Titanium stove. I cut the handle off and use a Jetboil neoprene sleeve over the top.
Did you have to do any modifications, or do the fins on the BRS mate up with the cutouts already on this pot?

TheAri

Lil-Rokslider
The Jetboil stash pot is lighter, but this would pair nicely with a Soto windmaster triflex

Wolf13

FNG
Debated replacing my MSR kettle, don’t gain anything. Using a windmaster which is already efficient and the kettle is wider than most pots.

Last edited:
Thinking of getting this pot to pair with msr pocket rocket delux. I already have the stove or I might think harder about the jetboil stash.

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
I have it paired with a Soto wind master with the triflex. There’s a few threads on this pot. This isn’t the lightest stove but for windy conditions, it seems like the best option. And I’ve been happy with it. I added a neoprene sleeve. It helps with heat retention and it’s nice to be able to grab the pot. You can always remove the handle- but honestly it’s one of the nice features about it. It keeps the lid and stove inside without needing a sack or something.

Attachments

• IMG_5481.jpeg
    IMG_5481.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5447.jpeg
    IMG_5447.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 36

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I have one on the way to try. I would rather a Jetboil Stash pot with Soto Windmaster, but I'm not paying $150 for a Stash just to take the pot.

Beendare

WKR
I have one of those heat exchanger pots....and I swear it boils faster than my Ti pot of the same size...though I have not actually clocked it.

I thought I would have to cut into the coils on the bottom of the pot so that my stand on the stove could seat against the pot itself- but no it works great

Yeah, I'm confident it's significantly faster and more fuel efficient. I suspect the gains will be even more significant in a windy environment.

Wrongside

WKR
I have one of those heat exchanger pots....and I swear it boils faster than my Ti pot of the same size...though I have not actually clocked it.

I thought I would have to cut into the coils on the bottom of the pot so that my stand on the stove could seat against the pot itself- but no it works great
Years ago I bought one of the first popular heat exchanger pots (Olicamp XT, or something like that?) to test against my much loved & used MSR Ti Kettle. I wanted the MSR to be competitive, and it starts with a lower base weight. But the heat exchanger pot was ~40% faster. Which adds to to a lot of extra fuel on longer trips. So the MSR went into semi-retirement, in the truck emerg kit.