Pet Peeves

Ucsdryder

WKR
What is your biggest outdoors/hunting/hiking/fishing related pet peeve?

Mine is people leaving garbage in the woods.

I was mushroom hunting this weekend in a spot that gets used mostly by hunters. I was walking in the trees about 10-30 yards off the trail and was appalled by the amount of wrappers and cans I found. It was ridiculous. Hot hands wrappers, candy bar wrappers, beer cans, etc.

Based on the number of people on this forum, chances are there are a few among us that think it’s ok to leave their wrappers on the woods. If you’ve done this before...

CLEAN UP YOUR SHIT YOU SLOB!!!

sram9102

WKR
The neighbors dogs... Have a spot where I bow hunt within a 100 yards of the neighbors house. Had the discussion about their dogs coming across the line and running deer off. They said they couldn't control where their dogs go.

Poser

WKR
“Hey guys, not looking for anyone’s honey hole, but can anyone tell me where all of the Pressure is, where the best food sources are and the elevation the elk are at in Unit X? Also, I was thinking about hunting unit Y instead. Which unit has more elk, less pressure and a better chance of killing an elk? Also, where should I hunt and what camo pattern should I wear if I’m hunting with a homemade long bow? If I kill an elk, can I come over your house and bang your wife while you pack out the meat for me? Maybe I could borrow your truck, too, for the ride home.”

The neighbors dogs... Have a spot where I bow hunt within a 100 yards of the neighbors house. Had the discussion about their dogs coming across the line and running deer off. They said they couldn't control where their dogs go.

I think I could control where the dog went...

Mine is when people unload on an animal. Where i hunt back east you would think you couldn't drop a whitetail with less than 4 shots.

Also trash, in particular cigarette butts for some reason.

sram9102

WKR
I think I could control where the dog went...

Mine is when people unload on an animal. Where i hunt back east you would think you couldn't drop a whitetail with less than 4 shots.

Also trash, in particular cigarette butts for some reason.
They usually get tired of the barking and bring them inside eventually. I don't think I have it in me to shoot someones pet, they run off a hand full of deer yearly but there are plenty of deer out there.

Yeah, we've had that issue with some deer dogs run on our property. Whether accidental or intentional, the same answer was given. Can't control where they go. They generally "pick up what's being put down" when one or more dogs don't turn up after hours to days.

I'd probably just let the folks know that you can control your arrows and other projectiles very well. Most counties have leash laws and laws regarding infringing upon your rights to hunt. You could always get the law involved. Those are two misdemeanors back home in our county.

They usually get tired of the barking and bring them inside eventually. I don't think I have it in me to shoot someones pet, they run off a hand full of deer yearly but there are plenty of deer out there.

I know a guy who had several hunts ruined while deep in his own private property by the neighbors dog. This was in a rural area where the farm dogs have free range. He spoke with the owner several times about it not being ok. He had a deer that he had just shot and was giving it time to expire and the neighbors dog came around again like always and jumped it. He never found the deer but he did find the dog. He loaded it into his truck and drove it into the neighboring state and let it out. I don't think he was bothered by that dog again.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Land owners here say "If they pack up like wolves then they're no different" and on my property 22-250 can be used on a moving target. DON"T let your dogs run loose!!!!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
People who shit directly on trails or in front of gated roads. Seriously you can't walk 10 feet to the side?

Good one. Same with camping in a dispersed camping area. Don’t crap right next to the camp. Someone or their dog will find it. Dig a hole!!!

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
People that take up boat landings for extended periods of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk