Percussion Caps

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a CVA Accura MR-X for use in Idaho and am trying to determine what percussion caps to use. Given its Idaho, I’ll be using loose powder (charge/bullet are TBD). Thinking about going with CCI #11. My question, should I use #11 magnum or regular #11? Thanks for tolerating a newbie question.

Wrench

WKR
I see you're in spokane. I tried to find caps and had to swap to a musket nipple....which is not a bad way to go.

I'd say load whatever you can get a few hundred of.

OP
Robbo857

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
I see you're in spokane. I tried to find caps and had to swap to a musket nipple....which is not a bad way to go.

I'd say load whatever you can get a few hundred of.
Thanks. Pickings are slim, so that’s why I’m starting my search now. What musket caps are you using?

MThuntr

WKR
My preference is switching to musket caps however caps work just fine. If you don't want to switch I'd go with magnum caps since they're a touch hotter. RWS percussion caps would be my first choice followed by CCI. If you switch to musket get RWS, Schuetzen or CCI 6-flange. Stay away from the CCI 4 Flange designed for Reenactment because they're wimpy (of course they're available so that might be better than none). I've not had great luck with Remington

OP
Robbo857

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
My preference is switching to musket caps however caps work just fine. If you don't want to switch I'd go with magnum caps since they're a touch hotter. RWS percussion caps would be my first choice followed by CCI. If you switch to musket get RWS, Schuetzen or CCI 6-flange. Stay away from the CCI 4 Flange designed for Reenactment because they're wimpy (of course they're available so that might be better than none). I've not had great luck with Remington
Thank you. The NW version I purchased is set up for musket caps, so it sounds like that may be the way to go. Thank you for the input.