Peloton 240 and wind resistance

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
I read a lot of people that say it is not wind resistant and I could not disagree more. Not sure if people are confusing resistance and proof but the 240 cuts a lot of wind. I had perfect weather to test this today walking the dogs.

Weather 35F wind 15 to 20 MPH.

First lap around the neighborhood which is about 1/2 mile. I wore wool tee shirt with grid fleece for mid and Arc'teryx Leaf Patrol Jacket as an outer layer. I could feel and wind the whole lap and was chilled the whole lap.

Second lap I changed the outer layer to the 240. This was much more comfortable, and the wind was not an issue at all.

Tx270WT

FNG
I’ve had 2 experiences with this piece: 1 with the hood and 1 without. The jacket with the hood even when not using the hood seemed to do a much better job. They were made about two years apart. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but it’s weird the difference was there. But yes, I love one jacket and about hate the other one so I could see how some people have had either experience.

Jbxl20

WKR
I love my 240’s. Have camo and a solid green to wear around town. Both hooded.

prm

WKR
100% agree. It’s not highly insulated so you can feel the cold material in higher winds, but the wind does not go through. I’ve even tested it on my motorcycle in cold temps. Worn over a thin base layer it really covers a range of conditions. I have the vest and four hooded ones. Two solid for day to day and two camo.

It is my most used piece and has been since 2015 or so. No comparison in my testing, nothing even comes close.
Add a synthetic SS tee and peloton 97 and you can cover the majority of conditions most would hunt in minus some kind of precipitation.

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
It's one of life's great mysteries how effective the 240 is considering it's weight and thickness. I've worn it as my outer layer the past three deer seasons in temps down into the 20s with wind at 10-15 mph. I layer under it accordingly but the wind does not go through it in my own experience. The part I like most is that it's soft and quiet, whereas anything else I've used that's "windproof" is built like raingear and terribly loud.